X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub Stewart State Park Work Party Oct 10th @10 am

We are having a work party at LL Stub Stewart State Park this Saturday the 10th of October. We are planning on starting with a training session at 10 am so meet at the Maintenance Work Center, first road on your right after you enter the park.

After the training session is over we hope to capitalize Steve Kruger's time by helping him buck some down trees and dead fall on several fairways. He will be operating the chainsaw and we will be moving the pieces to an easier place to remove them. Hopefully we will have use of the gator or a truck after the training session. If Steve can get the Chipper into the area by 7's basket then we will also be working on branch removal and chipping.

Questions ???
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Originally posted by Flash View Post
    We are having a work party at LL Stub Stewart State Park this Saturday the 10th of October. We are planning on starting with a training session at 10 am so meet at the Maintenance Work Center, first road on your right after you enter the park.

After the training session is over we hope to capitalize Steve Kruger's time by helping him buck some down trees and dead fall on several fairways. He will be operating the chainsaw and we will be moving the pieces to an easier place to remove them. Hopefully we will have use of the gator or a truck after the training session. If Steve can get the Chipper into the area by 7's basket then we will also be working on branch removal and chipping.

Questions ???
    How late do you think you'll be there? I wouldn't be able to get there until 1:00 at the earliest, more likely 2:00.

Comment

Well I need to be in downtown by 5 pm, that includes a shower so I am guessing leaving by 3:30 pm if enough people show up and I don't wear myself out.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Well I need to be in downtown by 5 pm, that includes a shower so I am guessing leaving by 3:30 pm if enough people show up and I don't wear myself out.
        Well, don't wear yourself out on account of me. Looks like I won't make it at all that day.

Comment

Well since a party of 2 will not get this course in the ground very fast it has been suggested to move the start time later in the day so that people can go get a round in at HH before the work party.

I am hoping to have a work party again this weekend weather permitting. We will be again working on training modules for the Gator and associated equipment and then we will go out in the woods and do some work using our new found skills.

Weather looks more favorable on Sunday!!!
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

If you tell me where to meet. I can come help. I live near there. I'd really
            love to see it get going! Went there today to see but I don't know where the course starts/stops. A couple buddys might be able to help too.
            Last edited by hatchglass; October 16th, 2009, 12:54 AM.

Comment

How did it go, Flash?
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                How did it go, Flash?
                It went well, but poorly attended. I am driven to get this course in and playable but just surprised at how few can dedicate time to help out. I am scheduling another work party in two weeks so hopefully more can show. This next work party will be a key one in the cleaning up of the course.
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X