X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barking at Cornwall Park Sunday Oct. 25

I happened to show up this Saturday (October 3rd) at Cornwall to find a small group laying down bark at hole 1. Turns out it is a senior at B'ham H.S. doing a graduation project of improving the disc golf course. There was a nice lady from the City parks department directing, she lent me some gloves and I got a chance to help out, until they finished up around noon. The quality of the job may be a bit suspect, but the effort was there.

Current status is that the first third of hole 1 has a large amount of thick bark, not very well spread around. Hopefully people walking on it will spread it out. Apparently a group of 40 elementary students will have a crack at it as well.

In any case, the parks dept woman in charge and the High schooler said they would be back on SUNDAY, Oct. 25 (The sign posted says saturday, oct 25, confirmed it is a Sunday on the 25th). Any help would be welcome, I imagine they will be starting early, 9:00ish, going till noon.

This is some of the only maintenance I have ever seen at Cornwall, hopefully a trend for the future!

Also, Parks dept woman said to tell all disc golfers to only hit the fir trees, not the cedar trees. I managed not to laugh.

Barking currently going on today by Parks Dept and Volunteer Elementary or Middle School children on holes 1 and 5. Lots of new pig bark piles left by dump truck today.
    Additional dates:
    Wednesday, October 14 and Thursday, October 15. Sunday, Oct 25th is still on. There is also dates in November which I cannot recall at this time. Sign on corkboard at hole 1 has all the info.
    City of Bellingham Park dept. volunteer line: (360) 778-7105

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X