Juel Park - Redmond, Wa - Work Party- this Thur, Fri - Sept 17 & 18 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juel Park - Redmond, Wa - Work Party- this Thur, Fri - Sept 17 & 18

All,
    I was asked to post this. There are some major modifications happening at Juel. This Thursday and Friday the Parks department will be at Juel park and need a lot of help on the course.

11:00 am start - bring a shovel and rake if possible, but not required.

5 baskets are being relocated
    18 new tee pads are being installed
    old tee pads need to be restored

Per the Parks Department, the course will be CLOSED for these two days.

Please contact myself or Steve Rolling if you have any questions.

Thanks to all that come out and help.

I will be there Thursday to help out as much as possible. Anyone with conrete tee installation experience would be especially useful to have there. Or if you have any tips via forum especially if you know how this was done
    Read this ^

Comment

Wow, so if I'm reading this right, Juel is to be a permanent course after all? Anything ever happen with finding a new location for a course on the eastside?
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

How exactly will the layout change? Will it better utilize the surrounding woods, or will it just be nine different holes in an open field?

Comment

Yeah Juel is going to be losing the land for hole eight, nine, and maybe some by the parking lot as they want to keep people away from the creek and make room for some other stuff. The good news is that a more challenging layout with a variety of shots has been worked out. The city doesn't want anything going into the woods so things have to be just on the threshold of the trees at most. But it will definitely be more challenging than before and I want to talk to them about planting some trees to create some fairways and lanes through the big open fields.

I don't think any proposals have been made as of yet but I know there has been talk about several new spots but I am not sure exactly where.
          Last edited by DMajor; September 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM.
          Read this ^

Comment

It's going to rain on Friday night and Saturday, so any freshly poured concrete will have to be covered.

18 new tees in 2 days.
            Thats 9 per day, or one per hour for nine straight hours. Picking suitable sites, making them perfectly level, anchoring forms, pouring the base, then floating the concrete, then smoothing and texturing it.
            One hour per tee ?

That might be overly ambitious unless you have multiple crews doing simultaneous work.
            And what about the footings for the 4 new basket locations ?

I hate Polo.

Comment

Yeah it does sound like a lot of work to be done in a couple days. I have no idea how many people or equipment the parks department is going to be sending out but I have the day off Thursday and I would love to go out and play all day but instead I'm gonna go over there and get as much work done as possible. U should too
              Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                It's going to rain on Friday night and Saturday, so any freshly poured concrete will have to be covered.

18 new tees in 2 days.
                Thats 9 per day, or one per hour for nine straight hours. Picking suitable sites, making them perfectly level, anchoring forms, pouring the base, then floating the concrete, then smoothing and texturing it.
                One hour per tee ?

That might be overly ambitious unless you have multiple crews doing simultaneous work.
                And what about the footings for the 4 new basket locations ?

I hate Polo.
                I am not certain that they get to pour concrete for the tees. I think that they received permission to expand usage of the concrete tiles that are in use for a couple of holes already. Hopefully I heard this incorrectly and the plans are to pour new flat solid slabs of concrete.

Comment

I just talked to Rolling about the city plans. They will not be poured concrete. They will be similar to what is on hole 1, but better. They are framed in 4 x 4's, better sub-surface and red blocks at the front of the tee pad. They are sweet!

Considering what the tee boxes are like now, and how conservative the city of Redmond is about allowing anything to happen in their parks, I consider this a huge step forward.

Thanks to everyone who comes out to work these next two days.

Comment

New player

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                    All,
                    I was asked to post this. There are some major modifications happening at Juel. This Thursday and Friday the Parks department will be at Juel park and need a lot of help on the course.

11:00 am start - bring a shovel and rake if possible, but not required.

5 baskets are being relocated
                    18 new tee pads are being installed
                    old tee pads need to be restored

Per the Parks Department, the course will be CLOSED for these two days.

Please contact myself or Steve Rolling if you have any questions.

Thanks to all that come out and help.
                    Hello my is Dave and I believe we meant at the work party.I was the old guy.Thank you for the experience,I meant some great people who love the game.I would like to learn more about the game, I am a first time player. How do I contact other members that play at Juel Bob,Liz,Paul. I hope I did not come off rude to any one I just want to learn more.
                    Dave Chapman
                    Email: dachap52@yahoo.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X