pouring concrete at Horning's on Wednesday, Friday (9/16 & 9/18) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pouring concrete at Horning's on Wednesday, Friday (9/16 & 9/18)

Hi all, had to switch to Monday instead of this Friday. If anyone's interested we will be pouring at 10 AM. Thanks!

Hi all, we're pouring 9 of the tee pads on Wednesday, should be an easy day that day for the truck can drive to all these tee pads. On Friday will be the fun day, with having both a cement truck here and a trailer/mixer that can hold a yard going to all the other tee pads in the woods and hills. If anyone can make either day, especially Friday, that would be great! Gettting Close!!!!
    Last edited by Bob Horning; September 17th, 2009, 01:31 PM.

can't think all of the helpers and Bob enough
    wish I lived closer

Comment

Bob - I can help on Wednesday, what time?

Portlanders- anyone up for a carpooling volunteer day?

Comment

Originally posted by k2trcs View Post
        Bob - I can help on Wednesday, what time?

Portlanders- anyone up for a carpooling volunteer day?
        Truck will be here at 11 AM!
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
          Hi all, had to switch to Monday instead of this Friday. If anyone's interested we will be pouring at 10 AM. Thanks!

Bump :-)
          Last edited by Scott; September 17th, 2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

How did that first pour go? I wish I could be there to help. Are you enlisting Stan Herzog's help? He is our PadMaster.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              How did that first pour go? I wish I could be there to help. Are you enlisting Stan Herzog's help? He is our PadMaster.
              The first 9 holes went well. There are a few of us who have done a lot of flat work, so this is easy stuff for us. On suggestion we tried the snow fence pattern, and then broomed over that for extra texture. I'm used to just texturing it with a concrete broom, not personally sure if the cross patterns really make a difference. Haven't heard from Stan. The next pour on Monday will take awhile, transfering from the cement truck into a yard mixer on a trailer to haul up into the hills. They're adding an additive to the cement, recover, which stops the setting up process for a while in the cement so it gives us more time. After this I will add a short slooping front to the pad, colored, so that if someone crosses the end of the box they won't twist an ankle and have a very defining line on which not to cross.
              Later

Comment

Awesome. Simply awesome.

Thank you again for all you do for us, Bob.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I 2nd that

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X