X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yauger Park Olympia - September 13, 2009

Work party at Yauger Sunday 13th of Sept. 10am.

The parks dept. is requesting landscaping above and beyond our original plans. So we will show them, we'll do it!

Basic plans include installing retaining wall blocks around tee pad #9, and building retaining wall and stairs on hole #8. Other course "maintainence" will include packing more topsoil around tee pads to eliminate tripping hazards, garbage removal, clearing downed limbs from fairways.

As always, we work, then we play!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Bummer that MCDG has a planned BagTag tourney for this same day at 1pm.

Comment

Originally posted by KG_MCDGC View Post
      Bummer that MCDG has a planned BagTag tourney for this same day at 1pm.
      that is a bummer. its a bummer that you guys are going to have to cancel your bag tag event so you can come work.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Why don't y'all have your event at Yauger, after the WP?
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Work party moves to 9:00. Bag tag moves to 2:00. Little compromise, everyone wins.

Comment

actually i was mostly giving kevin a hard time, but they hold their bag tag tournaments at their home course, lake isabella state park.
            Team Meteor

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              I like the way you think!!!

I knew there was conflict with MCDG when I scheduled the party, there is conflict with something every other weekend in September(ace race, crystal mtn., steilly). We get a lot of help from the MCDG crew, they bust their butts for us when asked. So I don't feel bad if they can't make a party.

Comment

There is going to be a contingency of Club members going/watching the SeaHawks home opener, but enough will show up that we can't change the venue. Besides we're playing the "A Counter Clock-Course Orange" setup.

Good luck with the work party, Chris. By the way, what's the plan for the Tee for hole 11?

Comment

Good luck with the work party, Chris. By the way, what's the plan for the Tee for hole 11?
                  Right now hole #11 is sort of in a teporary status. there has been talk of getting rid of hole #11, but that cant happen until we have another hole to replace it with. that might not be for a while. so i guess #11 will just have to be a slippery grass tee pad for now.
                  Team Meteor

Comment

What's the plan for the tee on #11? Im not sure I know of what you speak. We are working on getting rid of #11 all together, but no change in the tee until that happens.

Comment

I just confirmed with the parks dept. that a pallet of bricks will be there and waiting for us on Sunday. More bricks will come if needed. We have use of the "Gator" and a park employee to move dirt around and haul bricks.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                        What's the plan for the tee on #11? Im not sure I know of what you speak. We are working on getting rid of #11 all together, but no change in the tee until that happens.

Orion answered my question. I was eluding to the fact that #11 is "slippery when wet", that's all. I'll just continue to throw from the gravel behind the tee box.

Comment

Orion answered my question. I was eluding to the fact that #11 is "slippery when wet", that's all. I'll just continue to throw from the gravel behind the tee box.
                          Were working on getting it moved, nothing ever moves too fast when dealing with parks though. You know this!

Until then, just keep track of how many times you throw from the wrong pad, I will keep track of your penalty strokes!

Comment

This is funny to me because up until a couple months ago, ALL of the tee pads were "slippery when wet", but people still found ways to throw from them. i guess we are just spoiled now that we have concrete.
                            Team Meteor

Comment

Thanks to everybody who made it out yesterday to work at Yauger! We got #9 all landscaped out, it looks really nice! I'll try not to forget anybody who helped...let see there was Greg Z. and myself! Good work guys! Goes to show if you want something done, do it yourself!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X