X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodmansee Last Weekend?

I though I read something about a work party at Woodmansee this past weekend? Can someone from the Salem area let us know how it went and if more are planned to get this new course into the ground?

Thanks!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Originally posted by Sam
    I though I read something about a work party at Woodmansee this past weekend? Can someone from the Salem area let us know how it went and if more are planned to get this new course into the ground?
    My impression was that they were actually putting in baskets and tee signs on Saturday. I was thinking of heading down on Sunday, but didn't get a confirmation (on that other forum ) whether it'd actually happened, so I went to Horning's instead...
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Odd... why would anyone post over there, anymore...

Is it caddrafter who posted about the wp? He is registered over here, now, so hopefully he will respond soon.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam
        Odd... why would anyone post over there, anymore...

Is it caddrafter who posted about the wp? He is registered over here, now, so hopefully he will respond soon.
        Yeah, that's Mike Patrick. I just sent him a normal e-mail too.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

From Mike:

The last two work parties went great. We had 22 people last week to install the sleeves and toe boards, cut brush, clear limbs, etc. That was the big push to get all of the real work done and the club really came through.
          Saturday, Sep. 6 we had 16 people come out and help to haul away the brush that was cut the week before, clear some limbs and debris, and place the baskets. We played the inaugural round of doubles at 12:45 on Saturday!

The course is playable, but there is still a bit of work that I will be finishing over the next couple of weeks. I am building the tee signs, and will install them as I get them made. One of the walk-out trails still needs to be cleared a bit, and I'm looking for a good outdoor bulletin board.

Sam, how about a Woodmansee forum?
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider
            Sam, how about a Woodmansee forum?
            That's why I was asking.

Thanks, Adam!
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The course is playable, if you have time to hit cascade gateway and woodmansee on the same day, very nice contrast. Woodmansee has a good variety, however i think it will improve as time progresses. suggest spotter on #6. there are a ton of bees everywhere so be careful. but fun 9 holer.

Comment

Nathan, is this "preliminary layout" pretty close to the final setup?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yes, it's pretty close to being accurate. The tee for nbr 6 is next to the path and the creek by the bridge. The basket for nbr 8 is actually farther in the brush.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X