New Private Course Cleanup across the street from Juel Park 08/29/09 10am Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Private Course Cleanup across the street from Juel Park 08/29/09 10am

Hey everybody,

So i am looking to get as many people as possible together on Sat. 8/29 to help clean up a course I built on my dad's land about a quarter mile from Juel Park. I built this course a couple years back when I first started playing but after taking about a year and a half off of disc golf it has gotten pretty overgrown.

This course has tremendous potential and is extremely opposite from Juel as it has lots of elevation and tight tree shots. There are nine homemade baskets that look just like the one in my Avatar and I have two completely different nine hole routes to make up a very challenging eighteen holes. Holes range in distance from roughly 600 to 200ft with the majority of them being in the 300ft range all are tightly wooded.

With enough people working we could probably get the course playable in a solid days work. My plan for this course is to have it be semi private for the time being as the course is not really set up to handle more than a couple groups at the same time. Additionally the course is within walking distance from Juel so I would prefer not to have brand new players and people who have not played there before playing out there unchaperoned.

But if you come out and put time in working on it and leave no trash including Cigeratte butts behind you are welcome to play it whenever you want.

If this sounds good to you come out and meet up at Juel Park 10am next Saturday and we can drive up. Bring any tools you have: Weed Wackers, loppers, gloves, long pants (there are some nettles), goggles, and anything else you have that you think would be useful.

Let me know if you are interested in coming and hopefully we can get a second option for disc golf next door to Juel up and running.

Thanks
    Read this ^

Here's acouple better pictures
    Read this ^

Comment

Am I correct in assuming that this is in Redmond, WA?

Comment

I really hope it's not like Juel, because Juel is really boring to me, sorry local players but it is. I would love to help but I am going to the grand opening of Chainbangerz in Burien that day, but I am willing to help almost any other weekend, more like a sunday noonish then saturday though, or during the week if you want, send me a PM.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I will spread the word to some of the guys that I know play on the east side and those that live over that way... I'd be interested in helping out with the work party(s), but I may be going down to the Lava Launch at Mt. Bachelor that weekend... do you plan to have a few more work parties in the near future...
          That'd be cool if some sort of volunteered time/resources was mandatory in order to have permission to play the course. Perhaps I could round up 6-7 guys on another date to come check it out and have a work party...
          Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; September 1st, 2009, 06:00 PM. Reason: Mt Bachelor, not Mt Hood... that's the next stop on their Mt series
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Hmm,

We're moving that weekend but I will try my best to make the work party. Fortunately I see yah enough that we can schedule a time to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
              I will spread the word to some of the guys that I know play on the east side and those that live over that way... I'd be interested in helping out with the work party(s), but I may be going down to the Lava Launch at Mt. Hood that weekend... do you plan to have a few more work parties in the near future...
              That'd be cool if some sort of volunteered time/resources was mandatory in order to have permission to play the course. Perhaps I could round up 6-7 guys on another date to come check it out and have a work party...
              Yeah as soon as the tournament season settles down I will try to organize more cleanup parties. The next weekend I could do it would be the last weekend in September. The course will be naturally starting to clear up by that point so it will be easier to groom. Have fun at Lava Launch I've heard that is one of the most fun tournaments to play.
              Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by thebakedone View Post
                Hmm,

We're moving that weekend but I will try my best to make the work party. Fortunately I see yah enough that we can schedule a time to make it work.
                That would be cool if you can make it and if you would let everybody know at Juel on Wednesday if your play doubles that would be great

Thanks
                Read this ^

Comment

Yeah, I was away as well but wouldn't mind helping out. Just let me know the next time you are planning a work party and hopefully I can carpool down with Toby.
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X