Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stub Stewart State Park Sunday Aug 16th 10 am

Stub Stewart State Park Sunday Aug 16th 10 am

Meet at the hilltop day use area.

Hey we are having another work party to clear branches and vegetation off the fairways. Yes I know it seems redundant but there is a lot of stuff to clear off of the fairways. Still only working on the first 9 holes. Last time we worked on fairways 8 & 9 and we may be back in that area again this Sunday.

I am not planning to have food out there and the gentleman that volunteered to help in the future is going to be kicking some butt at Whistlers this weekend so bring your own lunch.

I will have a plan of attack for you on Sunday! I will be have a conversation with Steve later this week on the agenda.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

I'm in.

Comment

Sorry, gonna miss this one. Family obligations in The Dalles that day. Hopefully there will be a bigger crowd than last time. Please keep us informed about future work party dates as I would like to be at as many of these as possible.

Comment

Hey its the middle of summer so I understand that people can not make it. I am going up there to do work so I though this was a good way to invite the disc golf community to come on up and work with me and the state parks. If you can't make it I fully understand, if you can make it my back and others thank you for lightning the load.

I am hoping to start a more regular work party schedule here shortly. Steve Kruger and I are working within the confines of the State Park System to achieve our goals and have a playable course sometime this year. It looks like it may take a little longer then initially planned but showing a sign of faith by having regular work parties and developing the relationships with the staff will lend itself to a greater respect for each other and future requests.

If you can make it, glad to have you, if you can't keep us in mind for next time!!!
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Hey Mike, what's the poison oak situation out at Stub? I'd love to come help, but an extreme reaction to that crap doesn't make it very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolintrained View Post
            Hey Mike, what's the poison oak situation out at Stub? I'd love to come help, but an extreme reaction to that crap doesn't make it very possible.
            I've been there twice and haven't seen any. I tend to get it really bad (usually without ever seeing it) and had no problems.

Comment

Yeah, it's not poison oak territory. Too wet, or dark, or something.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Cool, sounds like we may be able to meet you out there then.

Comment

How did it go?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    How did it go?

Bob
                    Not bad, I think. Mike and I worked on clearing more debris and such on fairways 1, 2, and 3. Near the basket location on hole 3 Mike found a rather large yellowjacket nest, we both got stung twice. Other than the beestings, I think we got a lot of work done for two people.

Comment

bummer not more people, don't know where the park is to the masses, hopefully anyone who gets to play their or anywhere work has been done, that they all appriciate the work, thanks guys for the work

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X