Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Tee pads at Sedro Woolley, WA!!!!

It's on! We have the concrete scheduled to arrive at 8am, on Saturday April 12th, for tee pads. We need bodies and wheel barrows as most tee pads will be away from where the truck can go.

Also this Sunday starting at 9am we will start getting the form work in!!!!!

Let me know if you can make it and if you can bring a wheel barrow!

Thanks.
    WORK LESS THROW MORE
    http://www.grippt.com

BA and a wheelbarrow will be there. I will try to round up some friends (I have 2) to join as well.

Comment

Thanks BA, I will see about rounding up some cold beverages and refreshments for all the trouble.

ROC ON!
      WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help, all holes have concrete tee pads except for hole #1. The funny part is the county got a call and someone complained the course is too hard now? Furthermore the person wants to remain anonymous. How can we have an open dialogue to progress forward if I can't even get a hold of a anonymous complaint?
        WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

As one of the main fundraisers, I was the one who called and you now my position. #2 blind tee shot at main trail, #3 same trail and condemned barn, Birdie ally is now ho hum highway BUT the TEE's look great.
          rewindb.com

Comment

I agree and have concerns with #2. Need to work on clearing the hillside to open up visibility may need to reverse it some day like you suggested once the hillside gets cleared.

Hole #3 I don't think the path will be an issue and putting a mando on the hill will keep people from throwing over the barns.

Everyone else I talked too seem to love new birdie alley and is not ho hum. Old birdie alley was ho hum.

As someone who has been there from the beginning I have always had an open policy for anyone to improve the course, no one did so I moved forward with what I had. Trying to give input and redesign holes on the day of a work party or pouring concrete is not helpful.

Thanks for stepping forward as the one who called. Lets work on finding alternate tee positions and maybe the logistics if we wanted to reverse hole #2.
            WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

When we contributed the money it was for tee pads not a redesign. Why would you re design a hole that then needs a mando?
              rewindb.com

Comment

Redesign came because we have all talked about redesigning it over the years in playing rounds. I never heard anyone voice an opinion to say no please leave it as is. Why is deigning a hole with a Mando a bad thing? That's like saying why did you design a hole to go around a tree? Besides even with the old #3 tee location people were throwing into the barns. We nick named it "Dave's burger shack."

Much of the money that "we" raised came from the people who donated at the tournament, and absolutely love the new layout. So I could argue that the "we" money represents the majority of golfers who are happy.

If money is an issue I will gladly work on a % of the money raised of the people who did not want the re-design and gladly give it back to you to be used elsewhere in the community.

Maybe we should meet for a round out there with some others and we can all talk about alternate tee positions.
                WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

Wow....a fellow disc golfer called the County and complained about the course instead of talking to the local club? Fcking Wow. Not sure how this benefits the disc golf community. Quentin, great job organizing the work party and the new tee pads are awesome. I haven't played the new layout yet, but if it's harder, I guess my score may be higher? Will I still have fun?

Comment

BA- Thank you for the words. I would think and hope that you do still have fun up there. I know everyone else is having fun up there.

Jub does bring up some ideas that are valid and hopefully we can progress forward and analyize and use some of them when we start looking at some alternate Pin positions and Tee locations. Maybe I should have been more active on this forum in presenting the redesign of the course. However I was very very active since last May showing golfers what I proposed, and then absorbing their comments. These would be a whole mix of golfers that I play with up there from the big throwers to the rec players in Anacortes and I felt like the redesign was acheiveing all their needs or wants. I wanted to make sure all the locals were on board.

I like and encourage open discussion but I feel like this was just done in a poor manner. Maybe some of its my fault but calling the county and leaving anonymous complaints? This shouldn't be back door politics.

Whats done is done. As we move forward with alternate tee or pin locations I will get maps posted up on here so everyone can comment. Even though concrete was just poured maybe reversing #2 would not be a bad idea, we would just need a tractor to clear all the rambles.
                    WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

Here's a tip: if Jub is against it, it's probably a good idea. Called the Parks Dept. to complain instead of talking to you or others doing the hard work? Classic douchebag move.

Comment

Many props to all of you who put the time and effort into the redesign and new pads! I wish I could have been a part of this as Q has put his heart and soul into this course from the get go. I know that Q has discussed a redesign for YEARS and finally had the support to do it so good on you buddy. Due to having back surgery in JAN I have been away from DG for sometime but look forward to the time when I can get back out and lend a hand. Thanks to all who helped raise money, put in man hours, and helped improve an already good course, allowing it to become great! I am anxious Q to get out and throw a round with you this summer to see what Sedro 2.0 looks like. If it is anything like the effort you put into all your other ventures I know it will be terrific. THANK YOU.
                        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post
                          Redesign came because we have all talked about redesigning it over the years in playing rounds. .
                          Over the years say's it all. So there was no official request for input just acculmination of dreams about how Sedro could be.

Why is deigning a hole with a Mando a bad thing? That's like saying why did you design a hole to go around a tree? Besides even with the old #3 tee location people were throwing into the barns. We nick named it "Dave's burger shack."
                          So why not just put up the mando then? You admit there was a problem and yet you made the problem bigger by redesiging it so it was even more problematic

Much of the money that "we" raised came from the people who donated at the tournament, and absolutely love the new layout. So I could argue that the "we" money represents the majority of golfers who are happy.
                          Since the Tee's just went in I seriously doubt event 20% who contributed have even seen the new pads let alone played them.
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                            Here's a tip: if Jub is against it, it's probably a good idea. Called the Parks Dept. to complain instead of talking to you or others doing the hard work? Classic douchebag move.
                            Dude I was at the March party helping Where the F where you? Yes, At that party I voiced my concerns about the redesign and how the majority of changes could be handled.Q offered "that nothing was set in stone yet" but for the most part Q's stated Goal of " Making Sedro the longest course in WA" succeeded.
                            rewindb.com

Comment

First I'd like to thank Quinton for all the hard work,effort,time and money he puts into Sedro. You do a lot for the game and it needs more people like yourself. As far as the redesign, I love it. There are far to many Snohomish's and Silver Lakes out there, its nice to use a driver every once in awhile. Btw Jub it must have been awhile since you've played them but I'm fairly sure the TAC,Shelton,& four mounds are all longer then Sedro.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X