Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Lake Work Party - Sunday, March 30th @ 10:00am

Hey Everyone,

Annie, the ranger who does almost all of the mowing out at at Blue Lake Park has asked us for some help. She has around 200 native plants that she would like to plant on and around the disc golf course. It sounds like a big task, but if we had enough people show up we could not only knock this out in a hurry, but I'd be willing to bet we'd have enough time to play a round of golf when we're done as well.

If you have any free time at 10:00am on Sunday, March 30th, please come out and give us a hand. This small show of support will go a really long way... especially when you consider Annie will also be the one planting the grass seed on our new smooth and level Hole 17!

Jeff Hagerty
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Don't forget! We will be out at Blue Lake on Sunday at 10:00am.... rain or shine. Hopefully, shine!

We will have all of the tools you will need, but please bring gloves if you have them.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I wanted to give a huge shout-out to everyone who showed up to Blue Lake yesterday. We ripped out a bunch of blackberries from the two OB "islands" on Hole 14 and replaced them with about 200 native plants. This operation was very important to Ranger Annie and she was thrilled at the turnout and the results. Thanks very much to all who helped!!!

On a side note: We will be closing the long tee for Hole 17 this weekend in preparation for the grass hydro-seeding that will take place on Monday the 7th. We will be installing marked flags and a temp tee pad asap to help keep people off the new grass while it takes hold.

Comment

Great work! The new plants should give hole 14 quite a different look once they take hold and start filling out.

Is there any estimate of how long the seeded area on 17 will be closed for?

Comment

Probably for a few months at the very least. Trust me, it will still be a challenging hole from the short(er) tee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X