X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leverich Park Guard Duty Wednesday August 5th

We NEED some volunteers to come out to Leverich Park THIS WEDNESDAY to help guard the newly poured concrete. Bring your lawn chair, discs, beverage and tazer and help us watch the concrete cure.

Time: Any time between noon and 9 p.m.
    Skill Level: Minimal
    Muscle Level: None
    Brain Power: Nil
    Looking Mean: Important

Contact Steve at 360-545-DISC (3472) if you have any questions.
    Brains
    25.00%
    Brawn
    18.75%
    Talent
    25.00%
    Toughness
    18.75%
    Available
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

I think the excitement would be more than my heart could take.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Pour moved back about an hour. Arrive at the park around 10 if you can help with the pour.

Comment

Thanks to Cindy, Brian, Denny, Roy, and others for helping keep guard over the tee pads. We only had about 10 incidents of people writing in the pads, but we were able to fix them before it set permanently.

http://twitgoo.com/22ubl

Comment

"Only" 10?!
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
            Thanks to Cindy, Brian, Denny, Roy, and others for helping keep guard over the tee pads. We only had about 10 incidents of people writing in the pads, but we were able to fix them before it set permanently.

http://twitgoo.com/22ubl
            That is nice looking. I really can't wait to try these out (hopefully before the tournament).
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Herzog & Co did an excellent job on the pads! I think I might have to make the special trip up this afternoon for league to test them out!

Comment

I though it wasn't good to play on them so soon... At least, that was the thought with the pads at Trojan...
                TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

I have no idea? I was guessing that with the heat and all, they might be done by this afternoon?

Comment

As I understand it, concrete is good to go (for light use) after about 24 hours but won't fully cure for years. Driving a disc off a teepad = OK. Driving your car on a teepad = not OK.

Comment

They could still be damaged by disc golf after 24 hours. It happened at Lunchtime. I would wait at least 72 hours before opening them for play.
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The tee pads are in use. Pretty much impossible to keep people off them. Thursday night league used them with no visible signs of damage or wear.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X