Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Party Stub Stewart State Park, Nov 2nd 2013.

We are going to work on the Disc Golf Course within Stub Stewart State Park on Saturday Nov 2nd. We will be meeting at the Hilltop day use area @ 9am and working until 1 pm or so. If you do not have a state park pass a day use pass will be provided for your volunteer services.

We have not finalized the agenda with the rangers but there are many projects that need to be completed this winter so there will be plenty of opportunities to help out at Stub.

If you play here regularly and want to help improve the course please come out, everyone is welcome and many hands make for short work. Bring your friends!

If we have enough people and there is interest we will have a doubles rounds after the work party with some added prizes.

Any Questions ask in this thread. If you are coming out, can you please show your support by responding with how many are coming with you.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

I'll be there with 1-2 more friends and two boys who are at least good for dragging brush. We'll have gloves. Any other tools/ needs?
    thanks
    Greg
    "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Gloves are all that are needed. State Parks has plenty of tools so lets use theirs. I would also recommend long pants and boots but that is up to the individual to decide. Its also nice to bring your own water out while you work.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Here is our agenda for Saturday,

We will be installing the back nine alternate pin locations on holes 11, 12, 13, 16, 17 & 18. We will be digging a new drainage ditch behind hole 13 to alleviate flooding on the road, we will be digging out encroaching earth on certain tee pads and various other vegetation clean up & removal.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

What an amazing day and group of volunteers. We had 18 total people show up to help spruce up Stub Stewart and we made short work of the list of projects for the day.

First off, we had 2 people install the remaining alternate placements on 11, 12, 13, 16, 17 & 18 with the use of the gator.
          We had a group dig out the mound next to hole 4 tee pad, one group digging out hole 7 tee pad, and one group digging a drainage ditch behind the tee pad of hole 13 and roadway.

One group split off and dug out hole 18 while another group cleaned up the left side fairway of hole 9. We all then converged on hole 10 and cleaned up all the branch piles along the fairway. We also dug the drainage ditch down the fairway to prevent the surface water from flooding onto the trail. After that we all headed over to hole 13 to help clean up the new green and the fairway of hole 14.

After we completed these tasks we headed back up to the Hilltop day use area ate lunch and flipped discs for doubles. We had 14 people playing and the winners were Sam and Brian with a 44, they shot 21 on the front and 23 on the back.

If you are not signed up for the triples event in 2 weeks think about it, they will be using the new placements and the course is looking really good right now.
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

Brian converted my best drive ever on 12 into about a 120' 2.
            I think the funnest part of the round was Josh Pierce saying over and over again... "Are you kidding me?" No, Josh. Not even kidding you.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              funnest
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Most funnest.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

And back to back ace's on hole 8 I hit it and dusty hit just after that to fill the basket fun round off golf

Comment

It was an awesome round to watch! Not an awesome round to play against! Still had a great time and the course looks great.

Comment

I wanted to give a shout out to all the guys and girls who signed in and helped out. If your name is not here then we did not get you on the form. I think we had 18 so we are missing two people from this list. If you know someone who was there but not here please let me know.

Josh Pierce, Dusty Adkins, Brea Kwan, Zac Belts, Dan Brown, Cody Beatey, Greg MacNight, Murray Prictor, Scott Pinkston, Zack U., Jeff Hagerty, Aaron Ussery, Joshua Cody, Brian Cook, Ryan Lynch, Mike Phillips

***Sorry for any typos on names, some were not supper legible on the sign up sheet or I just can't type properly. No offense intended. PM me and I will fix it.
                      Last edited by Flash; November 8th, 2013, 09:16 PM.
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

The course looks excellent, nice work up there.
                        The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X