X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strait line winds.....

recently over hear in iowa the was sever strait line winds that took alot of limbs/trees down on our little disc golf corse. in order to graduate at my hing school we have to have a cirtint amout of volenteer hours so i spent upwords of 7 hours clearing branch/trees out form the corse in preperation for the torny the next morning. karma paid off!!! i shot one of my best torny rounds to date! on the first round i shot a 1 up and on the second round only 2 up. compared to last years 7 and 8 up i would say thats perty good. ( i got 5th or 6th out of 35 people)

just thought i would share that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Its nice to see that you played so well after doing work at a course. I am not trying to be a dick here, nor am I always the greatest at spelling, but does your H.S require English classes in order to graduate? Or, do you just have to volunteer a certain amount of work hours to graduate? I counted 16 spelling errors and 6 times not using Caps.

Ok maybe I was being a dick somewhat? Its just that I graduated right below honor roll, and I didnt even have to try. It seems the education system is lacking more and more these days. You are not the only H.S. student I have seen type this bad.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I kinda thought the same thing reading that.... lol.

Comment

All I know is that when my daughter was in 1st grade, she had the reading level of a 4th grader and was great at spelling too. I know she could have done a better job back then.

Comment

No I would not say you were being a dick, it was just constructive critsiam, and I am aware i just spelled that word wrong. But spelling/punctuation is my biggest weak spot. I have always been a A/B/B- student and that is enough to get on our honor roll. Is this one a little better?

Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

In the third grade i had a collage level reading score. Just putting that out there. And i love to read!
            It's good for rainy days or whenever playing disc is impossible.

Comment

I honestly wasnt trying to be a dick, its just sad to see the education system that way. I know different areas have different requirements for graduating. I just know I never would have graduated spelling like that.

On a good note. I am glad that you helped out at a course and the Karma helped you in your tourney round. Good for you!!!!

Comment

By the way, I counted 18 errors. hahahahaha!
                Last edited by Iowa; July 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by disc_thrower View Post
                  By the way, I counted 18 errors. hahahahaha!

No worries you have a good attitude and helping out on the course shines a little bit of light on your personality type! Keep up the good work and personal achievements!

What part of Iowa did the wind storm hit?

Are you going to compete at the First Class Challenge in Des Moines later this month?
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Thank you. It hit eastern Iowa hard. As for the First Class Challenge I will most likely not attend. I live 2 hours away form Des Moines and I'm only 15 so driving there is out of the question. Maybe next year when I can drive....

Comment

Dude, you're lucky you're not in my class; I mean I don't care too much about spelling, but I couldn't even guess at a few of your interpretations. And dude, since the third grade you've obviously had a collage reading level, in that you seem to throw in bits of anything to spell words like college. I am glad to see your work ethic though, now turn it on your spelling before you get to COLLEGE, it will reduce the snickering.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Clearly "reading level" and "writing level" are not the same... but boy, you'd think some of the reading material would sink in.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It does Adam, and those who try to argue otherwise are only showing their lack of connection to anything beyond their own perception. ME, ME, ME, I spell fine for ME, it's you with the problem; this is a high school SOP. Although this Iowa kid does have some work ethic, which sets him apart from many other teens who do little for themselves, let alone someone they do not know, like their community. Great job Iowa, put some of that work towards yourself.
                          educate your thinking

Comment

I would like to thank you guys for bringing this to my realization. No one has ever really said anything about it. But I will work on improving my basic grammar, spelling, and such.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Well done, sir. You seem to have a positive attitude and willingness to improve that sets you apart from many of your peers already. That should serve you well. Not only in disc golf, but in the rest of life, too. (<---- root beer, naturally)
                              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X