X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Cat (bulldozer) or the like

Does anybody in the disc golf community have or have access to any machinery that will clear land? We have the palette, we just need to paint the picture. (Mt. Hood Community College) We can either cut acres of blackberries by hand and take forever, OR with machinery do it quickly and have a new course a lot sooner. A farm type tiller would good too as we could possibly till rough field areas and create nice fareways? If anyone has something like this let myself or Jordan Lewis know. This is of course if we are able to get permission from the college.

A BobCat? Backhoe? Dozer? Anything?

Thanks,
    Bob

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Does anybody in the disc golf community have or have access to any machinery that will clear land? We have the palette, we just need to paint the picture. (Mt. Hood Community College) We can either cut acres of blackberries by hand and take forever, OR with machinery do it quickly and have a new course a lot sooner. A farm type tiller would good too as we could possibly till rough field areas and create nice fareways? If anyone has something like this let myself or Jordan Lewis know. This is of course if we are able to get permission from the college.

A BobCat? Backhoe? Dozer? Anything?

Thanks,
    Bob
    A bobcat mower for the blackberries is a good way to go. Any tilling or blading you do will require re-planting and future mowing of course, or it will just revert back to the nasties. I don't have any access to free equipment but if you can afford to pay I can suggest some contractors.

Comment

A team of folks with chainsaws can take out blackberries in a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Takkunen View Post
        A team of folks with chainsaws can take out blackberries in a reasonable amount of time.
        True, we may have to do that. BUT if we can get big equipment we can create so much more.

Bob

Comment

There's rental companies as long as you can find someone to run the equipment. Talking about $300 a day I think.

Comment

Gas powered weed wackers and chainsaws are way cheaper. I usually rent gas chainsaws for $25 a day. Camp Taloali got our rental equipment donated to us from John Deere and boy did it do the job...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X