X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SharkGrip

I went out and checked the price of this stuff today.
    If you have 4 X 10 tee pads and 18 of them; you need 4 gallons of sealer and a big bottle of SharkGrip. The coloring is free.

Total price: $275 If it is on sale it could be 10% less.

Plus any cleaners, etching solution ($22.99/ gallon), brooms, and brushes.
    Also 5 days not using the Tee pads.

I think it is a pretty good deal if your tee pads are in bad shape and need traction.
    Last edited by Vector_2008; July 10th, 2009, 12:11 PM. Reason: wrong price

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
      I went out and checked the price of this stuff today.
      If you have 4 X 10 tee pads and 18 of them; you need 4 gallons of sealer and a big bottle of SharkGrip. The coloring is free.

Total price: $275 If it is on sale it could be 10% less.

Plus any cleaners, etching solution ($22.99/ gallon), brooms, and brushes.
      Also 5 days not using the Tee pads.

I think it is a pretty good deal if your tee pads are in bad shape and need traction.
      Thanks for the research. Is there any directions about how cured the tees need to be? ie how soon can the two products be applied after pouring?

+ If early is oK then you won't need a many of the extra supplies you mentioned.

++ You are already waiting a couple of days why not be done with the whole thing in a week!
      rewindb.com

Comment

WHEW!!!! 13 tee pads done today!! we had a great crew out today and some skilled hands working the concrete, a HUGE thanks to the MCDGC(mason county disc golf club) for helping us, and to all the locals that came out to push wheel barrows all to help wherever they were needed.

Yauger park is one step closer to being a serious Disc golf course and destination course for out of towners. we are going to be reopening the course on monday, so if you are in town stop by and play a round or two on our NEW CONCRETE TEE PADS!!!!!!
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
          Thanks for the research. Is there any directions about how cured the tees need to be? ie how soon can the two products be applied after pouring?

+ If early is oK then you won't need a many of the extra supplies you mentioned.

++ You are already waiting a couple of days why not be done with the whole thing in a week!
          Newly poured concrete must be cured for at least 45 days according to the directions online.

Comment

Concrete takes years to cure fully. Most concrete is still curing as I write this. It's all a matter of degree. At first it is fast, but then slows dramatically. In warm, dry weather, the teepads will be safe for use in a week (don't let them dry too fast, either, like in hot sun they must be kept moist). They may seem dry and firm after a day or two, but if you apply any serious weight or abrasion, they will be damaged. The rough surface we try so hard to achieve can easily be rubbed off prior to the first week of curing.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

13 pads are poured!!! Thanks to all that came out to help us. Eveything went as smooth as could be. We had an amazing driver that got the truck places I didn't think a truck that size could go! We had some good grub after the pour thanks to Kathy Mckormic and the SPSDGA. Monday we will be pulling the frames and finishing up the back filling and retainer walls. Special thanks to MCDG (Chris, John, and Ray you guys rock!) for doing the finishing work, and thanks to Orion for making it happen with the stamped patern!

Next Wednesday is the first Doubles from Concrete!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X