X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yauger Park Olympia Concrete party! - 7/9/09

Thursday the 9th of july there is a tee pad framing party. Bring tools if you have them. Shovels, sledge, level, wheel burrow. Starting in the morning (9am) going until we're certain we can have them done by noon Friday.

Friday pouring concrete. Concrete truck will be there at noon. We will start as early is needed to be ready by noon.

Team Oly sponsored BBQ following friday's pour!

for info call Chris Gilberts (360) 359-5206
    Last edited by olydiscgolf; July 7th, 2009, 08:10 AM.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Im still looking for volunteers for Thursday framing. Friday is looking pretty good, but if we don't get the framing done, there's no place for concrete to go!

Call me if you know how to run a shovel!
    Chris Gilberts
    (360) 359-5206

Comment

Way to go Team Oly!
      educate your thinking

Comment

Jeeze Mike Ah, I mean Chris. If you had just givin me the oly mini I might have driven the 100 miles (one way) to help.

Numoro Uno
        Post guards around all finished boxes!!!!!!
        Dogs and kids love fresh crete + it keeps the "tagging" down to minimum

Here are some other tricks

Use a roto tiller to rough out the boxes it will provide a level starting spot and all you need to do is scoop

Dont make boxes flat with the ground. Raise them up 3/4" or so so they are easier to level. Use at least a three feet long level and 2x4 to rest it on. Also corner to corner.

Don't haul off dirt. Use it to level around the box (like run ups and level landing areas) after crete sets.

Think about how you want them to drain

Don't get sucked into broom finish. Leave em smooth, You will want to use an after market product called shark skin then a good concrete sealer. This is the most important step and never gets done. imho

Good luck see you at the Wash
        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
          Jeeze Mike Ah, I mean Chris. If you had just givin me the oly mini I might have driven the 100 miles (one way) to help.

Don't get sucked into broom finish. Leave em smooth, You will want to use an after market product called shark skin then a good concrete sealer. This is the most important step and never gets done. imho

Good luck see you at the Wash
          Jub, i will garuntee you a TEAM OLY mini if you come down here! you will even get a handshake from me.

we are going to be texturing our tee pads the same way Milo Mciver's tee pads are done. it is sort of a criss cross diamond pattern. they are the best surfaced tee pads that i have ever seen.
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

TYVEK, listen to Jub regarding the concrete. He knows of what he types. If you can get him out to Yauger for the framing (and possibly the pouring), your pads will be all the better for it. He was a HUGE help when doing the tee pads at Trojan.
            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

well i offered him a mini and a handshake, i guess i could throw in a hug also. but thats it!
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                we are going to be texturing our tee pads the same way Milo Mciver's tee pads are done. it is sort of a criss cross diamond pattern. they are the best surfaced tee pads that i have ever seen.
                Agreed. I'd hoped that we could do the same with our new pads at Terrace, but it was all kind of a last minute scramble when we put them in. Ended up with the broom finish instead, which I think works fine.

One thing I'd add though, is don't be too impatient to play on your sweet new pads, let them set up for a few days at least.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Thanks Zippy,

TY I am already working at another course tomorrow, Sorry

Tim normally it will take about 6 weeks for the pads to be set. On a warm day about five hrs to have skin form (able to stand but not pivot). usually two full days before you should even play on them. If it looks like rain cover them with plastic and add more time.

My info came from the actual PGE sub-contractor who poured the pads (at least the ones I helped with) at Trojan.

The problem is when concrete has too many edges (in this case brush marks) the weather will breakdown the surface pretty quickly. Not a complaint but #6 at The Tac, the front edge is already thin (Less than 5 years). Granted it's a longer hole but I think that length ha send it's demise.

Anyway, No matter what finish you decide on, Please use the sealer. You won't be sorry!
                  rewindb.com

Comment

jub it sounds like you have greatly improved your tee pad building skills since pouring old 11 and 17 at terrace

Comment

Hey Jub, thanks for the info. I will check out the shark skin tomorrow. We are already set on doing a diamond pattern like Milo, but I'd still like to look into it. If you get this post, let me know where you got it to save me some running.

I put in 11 1/2 hours at the course today and didn't throw one single disc! Thanks to everybody who came out to work. We got 13 out of 14 framed, we will pour at noon tomorrow.

It always surprises me (although it shouldn't) who does and doesn't show up for work parties! The guy who is at the course 7 days a week for hours at a time doesn't make it, and the guy who has been to the park once before is there all day!

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                        well i offered him a mini and a handshake, i guess i could throw in a hug also. but thats it!
                        I can't believe Jub of all people didn't go for the HUG! Maybe a "good game" kind of smack on the butt will do it! Jub?!

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post

Can you give some more details on what shark skin is and where does someone purchase it?
                          I might be helping with some tee pads in the future.

Comment

Shark skin is available at Home depot.

The hug: Is that a hug between a man and a woman or one of those sweaty man show jobs?

Thor We (Guy and I) poured a bunch of pads at Terrace back in 2000, Fixed old 2,5,6,7, old 9, 10,11,12,14,15,17,18. I don't know if you remember the old jub truck but after hauling 18 bags water and such up to 10 as we were driving out the truck got into an argument with the old aluminium benches by the old ball field backstop. Anyway it carved open the truck like a can opener. I swear inside the hole it said pepsi. lol
                            rewindb.com

Comment

The product is actually called SharkGrip. It isn't available at HD, but is available at Sherwin Williams distributors. Ill find the website again and try to attach.

http://www.hcconcrete.com/products/s...tant_Additive/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X