X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Work Party June 18th - POSTPONED

The Dexter State Park work party scheduled for Thursday June 18th has been postponed and will be re-scheduled. The State Parks ranger we are working with is on vacation and we need to meet with him about the work he wants done on the steps before we tackle that project. The course is looking great, and we will be having regular work parties the rest of the summer and leading up to the Eugene Celebration so stay tuned!

The State Parks staff is extremely happy and impressed with the work being done at Dexter by the EDGC and other volunteers at the work parties. They have been getting calls from people supporting the work and asking how they can help - so I'd say raising the alarm about course vandalism and considering the removal of the baskets has turned out to be a good thing after all is said and done.

There will always be naysayers, there will always be litterbugs, there will always be vandals writing on tee signs and damaging trees, but when we stay positive and pull together as a community we can accomplish great things!
    Last edited by Matt B.; June 16th, 2009, 04:43 AM. Reason: typo

It was kind of shocking to read on the forum a few weeks ago that the baskets were being pulled due to course vandalism. I'm glad to hear you guys are striving to turn the situation into a positive.

I managed to make it down there a couple weeks ago since I thought it might be my last chance to play Dex for a while. Still hit the ninja tree even though it's been pillaged.

I love that course. Good to know there are concerned people looking out for it's welfare.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X