Stub Stewart State Park Sunday June 7th 9:30 am Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    I'm curious if todays storm dropped more limbs/trees that will need attention. I'm planning on being there.

    Bob
    The storm came up from the south and barely hit us up here at Horning's (we're protected anyway in the canyon). I highly doubt if there was any damamge at all to Stub.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
      The storm came up from the south and barely hit us up here at Horning's (we're protected anyway in the canyon). I highly doubt if there was any damamge at all to Stub.
      Good Point Bob, and thanks for the information. I was out there Thursday meeting with Steve to arrange for tools and marker paint and posts but that was before the storm came through, the course is also at the top of the bluff, but tucks into a canyon as well.

      See you all on Sunday!
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

      Comment


      • #18
        Anyone want to carpool tomorrow? I live right by Lunchtime.

        Comment


        • #19
          The McMahan's will not be able to make this work party afterall. We will plan on the next one for sure.

          Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

          Comment


          • #20
            I want to thank the following people for giving up the better part of their Sunday to bring this disc golf course to life.

            Jeff Hagerty
            Bob Cabal
            Antonia Cabal
            Eric Lund
            Justin Hiatt
            Adam Schneider
            Riley Williams
            Mat Crider
            Dustin Keys
            Scott Hill
            Dan Olson
            Kent Smothers

            If there are others I am missing I am sorry, my mind and body are tired and I need to go to bed

            We worked on clearing 6 and 7 fairway and did a kick azz job, we also did some limbing on hole 1 and we placed poles on holes 1 & 2 to mark the basket locations. I think those that have come out can see that there is a lot of work to be done but after a day like today a major transformation can be seen and a couple more days like today and we will have a more playable front 9!

            We also threw a couple of drives on hole 1 with tired arms!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Flash View Post

              We worked on clearing 6 and 7 fairway and did a kick azz job, we also did some limbing on hole 1 and we placed poles on holes 1 & 2 to mark the basket locations. I think those that have come out can see that there is a lot of work to be done but after a day like today a major transformation can be seen and a couple more days like today and we will have a more playable front 9!
              The transformation on hole 7 was amazing. In a little over an hour it went from a total mess to . I can't wait to play that one.

              Comment


              • #22
                I just wish I could will this old body to be able to work like I could 20 years ago. We did get a lot of work done but there is soooooo much left to do. If we keep getting a turn out like we did yesterday though it will all come together before you know it. The two fairways and walkouts we cleared look fantastic and minus tee pads and baskets actually LOOK like a disc golf course. A huge thanks to Mike for all of hard work and coordinating with State Parks to get this course in the ground. This is going to a fun, fun course to play, different than anything else we have in the area.

                Keep your eyes open for the next work party and come on out and join us.

                Bob

                Comment


                • #23
                  i'd like to thank all involved i'm sure i'll be there someday soon ,and that goes out to all past or present that gives up golf,family,whatever time to give back to the game

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I just flew in from Buxton, and boy are my arms tired!

                    Seriously, though, that was a lot of work. Maybe we should use this as an incentive to get people out to work parties: you'll build up your arms and add twenty feet to your drives....
                    Oregon disc golf map

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      Maybe we should use this as an incentive to get people out to work parties: you'll build up your arms and add twenty feet to your drives....
                      You just have to remember that the added strength doesn't arrive immediately. For example, if I throw on hole 1 after using the saw for half a day, my throw may be off by about 20 degrees, and I may hit the closest tree that is, technically, in front of the tee pad.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dan View Post
                        You just have to remember that the added strength doesn't arrive immediately. For example, if I throw on hole 1 after using the saw for half a day, my throw may be off by about 20 degrees, and I may hit the closest tree that is, technically, in front of the tee pad.
                        Then you'll know which tree to bring down next.
                        That's how I worked, by estimating where most of my errant shots would end and spend most of my energy clearing that spot.
                        I found Kent clearing a huge pile of sticks behind a tree about 40' to the right of hole 6's basket. I asked why he was doing that and he said, "I figure most of my putts will be coming from over here so I thought I'd clear me some space."

                        THAT is why we go to work parties.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dan View Post
                          You just have to remember that the added strength doesn't arrive immediately. For example, if I throw on hole 1 after using the saw for half a day, my throw may be off by about 20 degrees, and I may hit the closest tree that is, technically, in front of the tee pad.
                          I figured it was going happen to Mike after telling me, the spotter, to back up.
                          Current World Rank: 2857th
                          Lowest Rated Round: 777
                          Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                          Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                          Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                          Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                          Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                          Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            When is the next work party?
                            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Oh. That makes more sense.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Nice Avatar Justin!

                                I was looking very closely to see who that was and then noticed it was in my house!

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X