Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little West Side Help

Hey everyone,

I will be up at Stub Stewart State Park this Saturday (9:30 am) working on the front nine holes. The goal is to get a rough cut, completed for the front nine holes to show off at the June 6th State Park Trail Day.

Things to work on:
    1. Cut some small bushes and undergrowth
    2. Mark and clear the teepads, all natural for now
    3. Branch Removal from trees
    4. Remove branches and brush from fairway and place in shred piles
    5. Place basket markers in the ground
    6. Of course throw a few of the holes to get an idea of how they will play.

I walked the front nine last night with Steve Kruger and we fixed one of the problems on the front nine. Steve is really excited with this project and has given us some significant executive decisions. I encourage any of you out there that are interested in a 18 hole course on the west side to come out and lend a hand and some vision to the layout.

No vision will be accepted without some work to make it happen!!!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Originally posted by Flash View Post
    Hey everyone,

I will be up at Stub Stewart State Park this Saturday (9:30 am) working on the front nine holes. The goal is to get a rough cut, completed for the front nine holes to show off at the June 6th State Park Trail Day.

Things to work on:
    1. Cut some small bushes and undergrowth
    2. Mark and clear the teepads, all natural for now
    3. Branch Removal from trees
    4. Remove branches and brush from fairway and place in shred piles
    5. Place basket markers in the ground
    6. Of course throw a few of the holes to get an idea of how they will play.

I walked the front nine last night with Steve Kruger and we fixed one of the problems on the front nine. Steve is really excited with this project and has given us some significant executive decisions. I encourage any of you out there that are interested in a 18 hole course on the west side to come out and lend a hand and some vision to the layout.

No vision will be accepted without some work to make it happen!!!
    I can't commit right now but would love to be there. I'll check with my wife tonight when she gets home.

Folks, this course is not a WISH, it is a REALITY. Lets show the State Parks that we are with them and will support their venture. Show up Saturday and lets get the ball rolling.

Bob

Comment

Is the location of the front 9 holes obvious? i.e. where do we meet you? I _may_ be able to show up...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_R View Post
        Is the location of the front 9 holes obvious? i.e. where do we meet you? I _may_ be able to show up...

We will be meeting at the Hilltop day use area, when you come into the park drive past the ranger station on your right and continue up the hill to the top, then you will see the parking area on your left. Hole 1 is back by the opening to the parking lot. The trail goes inside the woods a little, on the north side of the road, and hole one parallels the road.
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

I work at 11:00 and google maps show a 31 minute drive from my house to the park sooooooo unfortunately i won't be able to make it..
          Mat
          Not as creative as keys

Comment

We will be meeting at the Hilltop day use area, when you come into the park drive past the ranger station on your right and continue up the hill to the top, then you will see the parking area on your left. Hole 1 is back by the opening to the parking lot. The trail goes inside the woods a little, on the north side of the road, and hole one parallels the road.
            Headed out tomorrow, is anybody else free for the morning?
            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Coury Coates is coming out as well, see you in the morning!
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

I'd love to come, but my Saturday is overbooked already.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

We had a great productive day out at Stub Stewart State Park.

Thanks to the following people for the sweat and hard work:
                  Patrick Darr
                  George Adams
                  John Ollis
                  Coury Coates
                  Greg Ruhl

We ruff cut holes 1-5 clearing the already cut fairways, removed a lot of down trees and branches on hole 6 and cut a walk down the fairway on 7. We decided on a tee location for hole 3 and scouted out other placements on several of the holes. We need the rangers to go out with the chain saw and remove a few trees that have been marked and we need to do some fern removal and transplant on most of the holes. We will probably be back out next Sunday or the weekend after working on the front holes again making them playable.
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

We had a great productive day out at Stub Stewart State Park.

Thanks to the following people for the sweat and hard work:
                    Patrick Darr
                    George Adams
                    John Ollis
                    Coury Coates
                    Greg Ruhl

We ruff cut holes 1-5 clearing the already cut fairways, removed a lot of down trees and branches on hole 6 and cut a walk down the fairway on 7. We decided on a tee location for hole 3 and scouted out other placements on several of the holes. We need the rangers to go out with the chain saw and remove a few trees that have been marked and we need to do some fern removal and transplant on most of the holes. We will probably be back out next Sunday or the weekend after working on the front holes again making them playable.
                    Thanks for all your hard work. What time next weekend?
                    Training to be a bagger

Comment

If the next session is indeed on a Sunday, I'm more likely to be able to make it.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X