Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Party at Mud?

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1293
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; April 30th, 2009, 06:15 PM.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Bob.........when were you thinking about doing this? If it's possible to find a weekend when there isn't a major (or minor)event happening I'd love to come up and help out.

Bob

Comment

It's weather, not day-of-the-week dependent. I'm probably going to just have to pick at it myself. It doesn't look like it's going to work out my way.

Comment

Damnit, Bob. There are people willing to help, all you have to do is post up a date. We (the people willing to volunteer) will all do our best to make it work. If it doesn't, and nobody shows up, that's the worst case scenario. But if you don't post up a date for us, you'll guarantee that the worst case will happen. Just give us a day or two notice, and we'll see what we can do.

Besides, we (the Nation) are working on a small incentive opportunity for the peoples that are willing to make the drive to help you out. Details will follow - if Bob still wants our help.
        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
          Damnit, Bob. There are people willing to help, all you have to do is post up a date. We (the people willing to volunteer) will all do our best to make it work. If it doesn't, and nobody shows up, that's the worst case scenario. But if you don't post up a date for us, you'll guarantee that the worst case will happen. Just give us a day or two notice, and we'll see what we can do.

Besides, we (the Nation) are working on a small incentive opportunity for the peoples that are willing to make the drive to help you out. Details will follow - if Bob still wants our help.
          I've got dogs, buns, chips, and grill..........Lunch will be provided!

Bob

Comment

I wish I could have been ready to go last weekend when it was mob scene here. I was about a day late getting ready. The weather guessers really blew it today, but even then, the inn is doing an elder hostel bit and the chipper screaming wouldn't have been appreciated. I need a few people when the ground is dry enough to get around the course with the tractor. granted, there are some things that could be done strictly foot work and grunt (such as dragging the apple tree brush from the second tee to the canyon).

As it is, I can't guess the weather any better that the pros. I just hope to get to it before the grass grows up through the branches. I already took care of the 12th fairway. I got some unasked for help there that may have made my job harder, though the intentions were good. What I wanted to happen was the branches to be dragged to the chipper, not into rats' nests for me to sort out to feed the chipper. Three or four people would serve quite well and be enough to knock most of it out in just a few hours. One person doing it means the chipper runs at about 20% efficiency and 400% fuel consumption.

Thanks for the attention. I hope it works out.

Comment

Just talked to my wife and since next Sunday is Mothers Day I can't come then but will be there on Saturday. I'd like to be there around 9:00, work for a few hours and get in a round of golf after. Who's with me? Long term forecast looks good. But then the meteorologists guess is as good as 'ol Bobs.

Bob

Comment

I may not be able to stay for the golf round, but I would be more than willing to head out there and help. Saturday rules out Dan and Bishop, but I might be able to get Jason Hanson to help us. Keep us updated, Bob...
                TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Thanks, guys.
                  Another half day without rain and I got more firewooding done. Now I'm in out of the drip.
                  Thanx for the Mom'sDay reminder.

Comment

I got the word that Darr, Adams, and Green will be joining us. Heck who else wants to go play at (or in)the mud?

Bob

Comment

I'm spozed ta be mowin' today.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                        I got the word that Darr, Adams, and Green will be joining us. Heck who else wants to go play at (or in)the mud?

Bob
                        Do you have room for one more?

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                          Do you have room for one more?
                          Yep, give me a call.

Bob

Comment

Awesome! If we get an early enough jump on the work, I might actually get to play a round there with you guys before I have to leave...

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                              Awesome! If we get an early enough jump on the work, I might actually get to play a round there with you guys before I have to leave...

So it looks like myself, Mitch, Jason, Darr, Adams, Green, and Jevon so far. I think we might be able to kick some mud off the Mud.

Bob, prioritize your needs and we'll tackle what we can.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X