COMCAST Cascades Gateway Park Work Party - 25 April 2009 8 a.m. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMCAST Cascades Gateway Park Work Party - 25 April 2009 8 a.m.

This Saturday Comcast will be hosting a work party at Cascades Gateway Park in Salem to improve the Disc Golf Course! We need disc golfers there to help.

We are working from 8:00am to Noon. Comcast will be providing breakfast & lunch.

We will be working on many tasks:
    1. Building a bridge over the ditch between #7 basket & #8 tee.
    2. Backfill around the concrete pads as needed.
    3. Spread gravel at the front of all tee pads wherever the grass is gone.
    4. Spread wood chips around baskets where the area has gotten muddy.
    5. Spread wood chips along the trail on hole #15.
    Please bring wheelbarrows! Also bring shovels, rakes, gloves… Any tools you think might be used for the work we are doing.

For more information on Comcast Cares Day please follow the link below.
    http://www.comcast.com/corporate/abo...tcaresday.html

That's awesome. Did you guys have to apply for the "Comcast Cares" thing, or how did that work?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Not sure how it all got setup. I was told about it last Saturday.
      I know we had a request to install a bridge at the park and some other improvements through the parks department. I assume that Comcast reached out to the city and found a project they wanted to perform some community service on.

Comment

Just got back from Cascade Gateway DGC.
        The work party was a huge success.
        Comcast showed up with 40 people and CCDG had 10.

Everything on the to do list got done. Plus we dragged some logs around the park and placed then near some of the tee pads to serve as benches. We even got the hole on the backside of 9's tee filled in a bit with dirt. Everything was made easier by the use of a bobcat! Power equipment is our best friend.

We all had our fill of muffins and danishes for breakfast. At 11 am we all got Kentucky Fried Chicken. All provided by Comcast.

I would like to thank all those people who were there and Comcast who put it all together.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X