Stumptown Sponsored Work Party @ McCormick Park in St. Helens - Sunday, July 21st Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stumptown Sponsored Work Party @ McCormick Park in St. Helens - Sunday, July 21st

    Hello All,

    Stumptown Disc Golf would like to invite everyone out to McCormick Park in St. Helens to invest a little sweat equity into this new course. It doesn't matter if you are a Stumptown member or not, we would love to buy you lunch! All we ask is that give us a hand for a few hours. We will be working from 9:00am til about 1:00pm or so, at which point we'll fire up the BBQ and start grilling some tasty treats! Come out and enjoy a little course work followed by a BBQ and Cold drinks!

    At this point, Sean Phillips, Jared Fischer and Logan Miller have been busting their butts with very little assistance outside of their core group, and I would love to see that change! Let's help these guys get this new course in the ground so we all can start playing it!

    Jeff Hagerty
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

  • #2
    Bring pants!! Poison oak is all over this place.

    This WILL be an amazing DG destination... not just a course.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

    Comment


    • #3
      Sean, Jared, & Logan I will do everything I can to be there for this one!

      I plan on bringing Loppers, 14' Pole saw, and pants.
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Bring pants!! Poison oak is all over this place.

        This WILL be an amazing DG destination... not just a course.
        We will have 'Ivy Block' on site for everyone to use. We are currently taking every possible step to mitigate all poison oak we see. Every area we see with it has been marked with blue spray paint and we have been making multiple rounds spraying. Come out and help us get this course established!

        Comment


        • #5
          That Ivy Block is no joke. I was out there in a short-sleeved shirt and shorts and didn't get any of the Oak on me.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sam View Post
            That Ivy Block is no joke. I was out there in a short-sleeved shirt and shorts and didn't get any of the Oak on me.
            I was actually pretty curious about that. Just wandering around for a while and it donned on me that you were the first to ever come out to a party with shorts on!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
              I was actually pretty curious about that. Just wandering around for a while and it donned on me that you were the first to ever come out to a party with shorts on!
              My friend Duane also wore shorts to McCormick, that same day. He said he only got a little bit of poison-oak rash, and it was down around his ankles — it may have been carried down there by sweat. So the Ivy Block does seem to be pretty effective.
              Oregon disc golf map

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey everyone, Stumptown has decided to raise the stakes here a little bit.

                In the hopes of getting even more people out to help out at McCormick on Sunday, we are also going to give 1 raffle ticket for every hour worked to anyone who shows up to work... whether they are Stumptown members or not. It doesn't matter. We appreciate the help. We're putting together a box of raffle stuff like discs, hats, other swag and a new Disc Catcher Sport basket.

                Come on out and help us get this new course rolling!!!

                Who knows, you might just get a new basket out of the deal.

                Jeff
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  Hey everyone, Stumptown has decided to raise the stakes here a little bit.

                  In the hopes of getting even more people out to help out at McCormick on Sunday, we are also going to give 1 raffle ticket for every hour worked to anyone who shows up to work... whether they are Stumptown members or not. It doesn't matter. We appreciate the help. We're putting together a box of raffle stuff like discs, hats, other swag and a new Disc Catcher Sport basket.

                  Come on out and help us get this new course rolling!!!

                  Who knows, you might just get a new basket out of the deal.

                  Jeff
                  WOW!! That's awesome of you guys at Stumptown! KUDOS!!

                  If I wasn't already signed up for a tourney I'd come out.

                  Wish you guys the best of luck! I'm watching and looking out for ideas to draw people out to WDGC when we "break ground". ;-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    TTT

                    Lets bring it this weekend.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      DGOD is also throwing in an additional raffle ticket for each hour worked as an added incentive, so lets try and see how many people we can get out there.



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd like to give a huge thank you to everyone who came out to McCormick Park on Sunday. We busted out fairways for holes #2, #14 and got started on #13. This is going to be a really nice course.

                        Also, thanks to Jordan Lewis for coming out to cook lunch for everyone. Thanks amigo!

                        Jeff
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Missing numbers

                          On the Picture of the McCormick Park Disc Golf Course, The footage numbers for Hole 6 are missing, yet it shows that Hole 6 does exist on the course, I suggest you Put in hole six during construction, but I would like you to indicate on the Footage Chart its existence as well as the number of feet on that particular hole; so in short, is that going to be put in or not (as you know all 18 Holes need to be put in and measured to make a full course).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Supertracky View Post
                            On the Picture of the McCormick Park Disc Golf Course, The footage numbers for Hole 6 are missing, yet it shows that Hole 6 does exist on the course, I suggest you Put in hole six during construction, but I would like you to indicate on the Footage Chart its existence as well as the number of feet on that particular hole; so in short, is that going to be put in or not (as you know all 18 Holes need to be put in and measured to make a full course).
                            So helpful!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              right. no such thing as a 9 hole course... or a 12 hole course... or a 15 hole course... those things are figments of your imagination. like unicorns and fairy dust.





                              also, i can't believe that things would perhaps be slightly unfinished or incomplete before the actual course in finished and complete.





                              p.s. my grumpy pants can kick your bossy pants's butt.
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X