X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Rivers Arlington, WA 4/11/09

Twin Rivers Arlington, WA 4/11/09 in support of the WDDGA event to be held the following Sat. Party time from 11:30-3:30. (still time enough for golf). Help groom the course for this outstanding group. jub
    rewindb.com

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    Twin Rivers Arlington, WA 4/11/09 in support of the WDDGA event to be held the following Sat. Party time from 11:30-3:30. (still time enough for golf). Help groom the course for this outstanding group. jub
    Jub .. Thank you! I would love to come and help. It is great to see others join us. I have forgotten that it is possible to ask for help on this forum. Again, thank you! However, I won't be able to make it. It's a special day for me and my partner.. so I'll try to come by another time and see if I can help then. Hugs to everyone who does participate!
    Last edited by Mystjava; March 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM. Reason: Realizing which day it is on....
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Who's bring food?

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
      Jub .. Thank you! I would love to come and help. It is great to see others join us. I have forgotten that it is possible to ask for help on this forum. Again, thank you! However, I won't be able to make it. It's a special day for me and my partner.. so I'll try to come by another time and see if I can help then. Hugs to everyone who does participate!
      If anyone's bring food, my partner is willing to keep an eye on the grill while we're cleaning up the park.
      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

BUMP! We need people to come help and provide support for all of us..

Comment

I will make an announcement at the Lake Stevens Doubles on Monday. There are usually a few folks out of LS that will come out to support.

Comment

Played 36 holes today.
            Nobody else there, unlike White River, Lakewood, and Lake Stevens, all of which were SLAMMED with people this weekend.

I have to say, its nice to see more girls playing at most of the courses.
            I guess after years of sitting on the couch, they finally decided they arent gonna talk the guys out of playing, and this is no fad, so they might as well play too.

Ok, back to deserted Twin Rivers. The brush on the course has all sprouted leaves, and will start filling in rapidly, making discs invisible, so play soon.
            A marsh exists short and right on #15 from 100-200', dont throw low.
            The fairways are all soft clay, spike hyzers go in deep. I dont really see much work for you guys to do, the course is pretty nice. If you got some industrial blow dryers for the fairways, that might help.
            #10 tee box is still dry enough to use.

I guess #13 could use a more defined tee box, besides the stick same with #7, and some signs are missing, notably on #11, where I threw a killer long drive but couldnt figure out how far it went.
            The ankle breaking sinkhole is still there on #14, marked with a LOOOOOONG stick.
            Filling that in could save an ugly insurance incident.

I dont see alot of work though, you should have plenty of time to play a round or two or three.

Comment

Thanks you for sharing that with us.. We'll all do what we can do!

Comment

The course is in a holding pattern. Because of it's many landlords until further notice

No power tools will be used at Twin Rivers.

We are going to have to learn to cope with the underbrush. Hole #6 is being removed and chained to a tree on 9.We are in discussions about the other issues mentioned above. Please be patient with this process.

WARNING Twin Rivers is an Alcohol free park. At thew walk through the P/R Rep said flat out ..."Drinking on course is a quick way for it to be yanked"...
                so Pack it in Pack it out.

Now for the good news

The P/R has provided us with bark for the tees and 36 trees to plant. So if you have time on Sat come out and give a little back to a great little City supported course

added text And the Deaf Disc Golfers
                Last edited by LJ Jubner; April 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM. Reason: Added text
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  WARNING Twin Rivers is an Alcohol free park. At thew walk through the P/R Rep said flat out ..."Drinking on course is a quick way for it to be yanked"...
                  so Pack it in Pack it out.
                  WTF? If alchohol is not allowed in the park, it shouldn't be packed in at all!

Comment

If I don't have to watch our grandson (Max) I'll be lending a hand on Saturday.

Hello Mystjava ~ maybe we could trade dgcoursereview travel tags :~)
                    <edit>oops...I now see that Mystjava won't be there<edit>

Comment

Originally posted by drkstr View Post
                      If I don't have to watch our grandson (Max) I'll be lending a hand on Saturday.

Hello Mystjava ~ maybe we could trade dgcoursereview travel tags :~)
                      <edit>oops...I now see that Mystjava won't be there<edit>
                      It is still possible.. Never know... I'm waiting on someone here at home if we can go... () I'll post on Friday night if I can go or not...

Comment

What time is the work party starting? I have heard 9:30 and 11:30.

Comment

WDDGA is starting around 9, I believe the other group is joining in at 11 - but if you can join in early - then there would be time to play a round or two..

Comment

How did it go? Did everyone get a chance to play a little bit too?

Comment

The party went great. I want to thank all who attended and for some who drove from Greater Portland for a one day work party well done.

Jim O and I started about 7. Most of the Deaf Golfers showed about 9 and the rest about 10 for a total of 12 golfers. We took hole 6 out. The basket is now chained to the same tree as the wheelbarrow. Before you ask there is no set plan yet for the relocation of basket 6.

WE were able to spread bark on all 17 pads as well as the trails from 1-2, 7-8 and by the 14 tee. All in all it was very satisfying to see the bark pile get smaller and the pads get drier. We had a fast jub lunch and then around of singles. Oz was best at 3-, Then me at +1
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X