McCormick Disc Golf Course WORK PARTY! Saturday, June 8th at 8AM! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCormick Disc Golf Course WORK PARTY! Saturday, June 8th at 8AM!

WORK PARTY! Saturday, June 8th at 8AM! WE NEED HELP!!! I will buy a round of beers at our great course sponsor The Pour House for lunch for everyone who comes out to help! It would be great if we could get some RSVPs to confirm who is coming and if you have tools or not.

The course is really starting to take shape and the fairways we have seen are intense! Bring gloves, loppers, machetes, weed eaters, and any equipment you think may be helpful! We will have tools available, but the more the better. We have a lot of work to do. We will have "Ivy Block" on site for everybody to use to fend off poison oak. We have been spraying it and know where most of it is located. Come help add a fantastic new course to our community! Thanks to everyone for all your support!

475 S 18th St, St Helens, OR 97051

I can't get there at 8:00 tomorrow, but maybe 9:00ish.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Was good to see you, Adam - albeit briefly. I believe that that is the third time we have met since 2008?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Probably. Not doing the club or tournament thing means that work parties (and public meetings) are where I'm most likely to meet forum-dwellers.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Or hiking above Skibowl?
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The only people I met up there were a couple of guys doing some construction on the upper chairlift terminal.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

They were all tournament disc golfers, it did just not come up during your conversation with them.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

We had three volunteer show up this weekend. Thanks for your help guys! Please continue to come out even if it's only for a couple hours.

We made some decent progress. Hole 12 is pretty much done. Could use a little more work but it's playable.

Adam shared his thoughts with me about how we are organizing the install. I shared the thoughts with the rest of the team (Logan and Jared).

Basically we decided that we wanted to get the course moderately manicured before putting pads and baskets in the ground. The land we're working with is ROUGH and OVERGROWN. So it's taking some time and there's a lot of work that needs to be done before we start pouring concrete.

I estimate that we've been averaging 20 man hours per hole to get the fairways cleared. So if we have 5 people, we can get a hole done in about 4 hours. We have a course progress spread sheet and with that information I estimate that we need another 192 man hours to complete the fairways. If we could get 10-20 people to show up at our next work party we could cut that in half in no time.

So keep an eye on our facebook page and watch for new work party threads on this forum. We need your help!!!

https://www.facebook.com/McCormickDGC?fref=ts
                Last edited by Sean Phillips; June 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Hey Portlanders: St. Helens really isn't very far away. If you ever go out and play Trojan (or visit Sauvie Island) on a Saturday when they're having a work party and you DON'T stop by and help out, you're lame.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    Hey Portlanders: St. Helens really isn't very far away. If you ever go out and play Trojan (or visit Sauvie Island) on a Saturday when they're having a work party and you DON'T stop by and help out, you're lame.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X