Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott
    started a topic Orchard Work Party 3/16/2013

Orchard Work Party 3/16/2013

Just in time for spring, we're planning a work party to finish up the course changes that were begun last fall. On the to do list:
    • Concrete pads for holes 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9
    • New pad locations for holes 3 and 7 to make tougher / more interesting shots
    • Minor adjustment to pad on hole 9 - move back slightly and level. Build small retaining wall to prevent erosion.
    • Fairway work on hole 8. Trim bushes and trees to create fairway. Remove invasive ivy and blackberry.
    • Install basket for hole 8.
    • Remove unused collars (hole 3, 7, and 9). Possibly move them to new locations.
    • Move sign from old hole 7 to new hole 8.
    • Spread chips on walkout paths and hole 8 fairway.
    • Trim bushes around pad 7.

As you can see, that's a pretty do-able list. We're hoping to have some of the teepads prepped ahead of time, but there will still be a lot to do. The work will be a lot faster with volunteer, so please come on out.

Saturday, March 16
    Orchard Park DGC
    9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

• discdog
    replied
    The stakes and signs were all on the ground. the tops of the pads seem to be holding up fine. I will be playing again on Friday afternoon. I will let you know how it looks.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Were the stakes and signs still in the ground? They had been left in for a while because the pads weren't quite drying in this damp weather. How are the tops of the pads holding up?

Leave a comment:

• discdog
    replied
    I played the Orchard today. I picked up the stakes, wet cement signs, and the caution tape in between rounds. The course looked so much better the second round. After playing all winter on temporary teepads and only 8 holes, it is so nice to have hole#7 and permanent teepads back! The park looks fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
    did you guys happen to take photos of the improvements?
    If so, were can we view them?

Great work Scott
    There are several photos on the Tuesday Twos Facebook page.

Next project is to go to and measure the holes for updated signs. I'll try to take my camera out and get some better pics.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen.Sines
    replied
    did you guys happen to take photos of the improvements?
    If so, were can we view them?

Great work Scott

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I went out to look at the pads this morning. They're still a little soft so I left the plastic on for another day. I'll go check them tomorrow.

Hole 5 wasn't completely covered and did get scratched, but the rain made it illegible. You can hardly tell. Hole 6 had some initials in the back of the pad, but it was still soft enough that I could rub them out.

Leave a comment:

• NAVA50383
    replied
    Thanks to all that came out it was a blast to see so many ppl working together for the better of the park great job on the new tee pads guys lets just hope there aren't vandles out there with nothing better to do then write there names in concrete once again major kudos to all never seen orchards look so good can't wait till Tuesday

Leave a comment:

• discdog
    replied
    It was great to be a part of what happened out there yesterday. I thought we would be hard pressed to get everything done, but once again the disc golf community proved me wrong. It was a great day!

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Wow. I am in awe of the great turnout we had today. 50+ volunteers who made easy work of a long list of tasks: A new fairway cleaned up on hole 7, new basket placements for holes 7, 5, and 9, new walkout to hole 6, new walkout to hole 7, nice bark rings around all baskets - YOU GUYS ROCKED!

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Got a lot of work done today. The major fairway work on hole 8 is complete, and the basket is in the ground. Created a new basket placement for hole 6, and removed un-needed collars from the field. Also started spreading some chips, but have a long way to go.

Big thanks to Matt Hill, Troy Grotte, Dave Clement, and Craig Nielsen who all donated their time at the course today.

There is still a lot left to do - please come help at the work party on 3/16. With many hands we can make this happen.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Probably no later than 9:00.
    Need to verify with the Parks Dept. that they'll have tools available, but at this point it looks like we'll be good to go.

Leave a comment:

• NAVA50383
    replied
    What time you goin out on fri Scott ill go if I'm available

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Don't forget the work party at Orchard Park this Saturday 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00.

We have a lot planned: New tee pads (hole 2,5,6,7,8, and 9), a new fairway (7), new bark chip areas to help with drainage (hole 2 and 9), bark chip paths, and a new basket placement (hole 5).
    We can't get this all done without a lot of help, so please come support the course.

Additionally, the 2013 Tuesday Twos fundraiser discs are in and will be available for first sale on the day of the work party. I'll be raffling off one during lunch (winner's choice). The available discs this year are: Gummy Champion Rhyno, Champion Gator, Champion Metal Flake Leopard, Champion Metal Flake Teebird, Champion Metal Flake Tern, Blizzard Boss, and DX Roc.

I'll also be out at the park doing work on 3/15. Message me if you're available that day as well.

Leave a comment:

• Garro
    replied
    Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
    Ok ppl let's make this happen if u ever competed in a Tuesday's tues you should be commin out its my home course and I will be there to make sure I can make it better than what it once was tell friends or family members lets make it happen!!!!

Go ducks
    That's great Luis! Thanks for posting your support here. I think we've worked out the best compromises that we can with the parks department. It's been a bit frustrating for Scott and I, but I think we've done the best we can for this little course. The parks department is putting a lot of effort into this now, so it'll be good for us to get the disc golfers out for the work day.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X