Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a lot of work done today. The major fairway work on hole 8 is complete, and the basket is in the ground. Created a new basket placement for hole 6, and removed un-needed collars from the field. Also started spreading some chips, but have a long way to go.

Big thanks to Matt Hill, Troy Grotte, Dave Clement, and Craig Nielsen who all donated their time at the course today.

There is still a lot left to do - please come help at the work party on 3/16. With many hands we can make this happen.

Comment

Wow. I am in awe of the great turnout we had today. 50+ volunteers who made easy work of a long list of tasks: A new fairway cleaned up on hole 7, new basket placements for holes 7, 5, and 9, new walkout to hole 6, new walkout to hole 7, nice bark rings around all baskets - YOU GUYS ROCKED!

Comment

It was great to be a part of what happened out there yesterday. I thought we would be hard pressed to get everything done, but once again the disc golf community proved me wrong. It was a great day!

Comment

Thanks to all that came out it was a blast to see so many ppl working together for the better of the park great job on the new tee pads guys lets just hope there aren't vandles out there with nothing better to do then write there names in concrete once again major kudos to all never seen orchards look so good can't wait till Tuesday

Comment

I went out to look at the pads this morning. They're still a little soft so I left the plastic on for another day. I'll go check them tomorrow.

Hole 5 wasn't completely covered and did get scratched, but the rain made it illegible. You can hardly tell. Hole 6 had some initials in the back of the pad, but it was still soft enough that I could rub them out.

Comment

did you guys happen to take photos of the improvements?
              If so, were can we view them?

Great work Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                did you guys happen to take photos of the improvements?
                If so, were can we view them?

Great work Scott
                There are several photos on the Tuesday Twos Facebook page.

Next project is to go to and measure the holes for updated signs. I'll try to take my camera out and get some better pics.

Comment

I played the Orchard today. I picked up the stakes, wet cement signs, and the caution tape in between rounds. The course looked so much better the second round. After playing all winter on temporary teepads and only 8 holes, it is so nice to have hole#7 and permanent teepads back! The park looks fantastic!

Comment

Were the stakes and signs still in the ground? They had been left in for a while because the pads weren't quite drying in this damp weather. How are the tops of the pads holding up?

Comment

The stakes and signs were all on the ground. the tops of the pads seem to be holding up fine. I will be playing again on Friday afternoon. I will let you know how it looks.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X