X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orchard Work Party 3/16/2013

Just in time for spring, we're planning a work party to finish up the course changes that were begun last fall. On the to do list:
    • Concrete pads for holes 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9
    • New pad locations for holes 3 and 7 to make tougher / more interesting shots
    • Minor adjustment to pad on hole 9 - move back slightly and level. Build small retaining wall to prevent erosion.
    • Fairway work on hole 8. Trim bushes and trees to create fairway. Remove invasive ivy and blackberry.
    • Install basket for hole 8.
    • Remove unused collars (hole 3, 7, and 9). Possibly move them to new locations.
    • Move sign from old hole 7 to new hole 8.
    • Spread chips on walkout paths and hole 8 fairway.
    • Trim bushes around pad 7.

As you can see, that's a pretty do-able list. We're hoping to have some of the teepads prepped ahead of time, but there will still be a lot to do. The work will be a lot faster with volunteer, so please come on out.

Saturday, March 16
    Orchard Park DGC
    9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

first of all, i would like to sincerely thank everyone who has put effort into the orchard course over the last year. The hard work and effort is very apparent...
    ENOUGH SAID!
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

Thanks, Dan. We're gonna try to put this little course back to the shape it was in before the changes were made. The first re-design has prompted us to make some more tweaks and the parks department is working with us.

This work day will be a good opportunity for disc golfers to rally and show Hillsboro Parks what we can do. I see that DGOD has an event that day, but our choices on dates were limited. So, thanks for the support anyhow.

Garry

Comment

You bet! Cant wait to see the changes!
        sigpic
        http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

Theres a hole 9!!! Hot diggity damn

Comment

Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
            yep, and new permanent tee pads in better positions to provide more length and challenge.

and we could really use your help on that day getting it all done. round up a couple buddies (or family members ) and come join us on 3/16. get in touch with Scott Hill or myself and let us know if you'll be joining us.

Thanks,

Garry Hanley

Comment

Hole 8 will replace the old hole 7. This will be, without a doubt, the toughest hole on the course. It will be somewhere between 200' and 225' long depending on the pin position (I hope to have several), but a very narrow fairway with low overhang.

Comment

Everyone attending the work party on 3/16 will have the first opportunity to pick up a 2013 TT fundraiser disc:

Gummy Champion Rhyno
                Champion Gator
                Champion Metal Flake Leopard
                Champion Metal Flake Teebird
                Champion Metal Flake Tern
                Blizzard Boss
                DX Roc

Additionally, we will raffle of one disc (winner's choice) at the work party.

The DX Rocs will be $15, everything else $20.

Comment

Comment

Ok ppl let's make this happen if u ever competed in a Tuesday's tues you should be commin out its my home course and I will be there to make sure I can make it better than what it once was tell friends or family members lets make it happen!!!!

Go ducks

Comment

Ok ppl let's make this happen if u ever competed in a Tuesday's tues you should be commin out its my home course and I will be there to make sure I can make it better than what it once was tell friends or family members lets make it happen!!!!

Go ducks
                      Glad to hear you'll be there. I know you weren't thrilled with the changes last fall (who was?) and I'm happy to see you'll be part of the solution. I think you'll love the new tweaks we have in store.

Keep up the recruiting. We have big list of things to get done to get the course in shape before the start of Tuesday Twos.

Comment

Go ducks
                        That's great Luis! Thanks for posting your support here. I think we've worked out the best compromises that we can with the parks department. It's been a bit frustrating for Scott and I, but I think we've done the best we can for this little course. The parks department is putting a lot of effort into this now, so it'll be good for us to get the disc golfers out for the work day.

Comment

Don't forget the work party at Orchard Park this Saturday 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00.

We have a lot planned: New tee pads (hole 2,5,6,7,8, and 9), a new fairway (7), new bark chip areas to help with drainage (hole 2 and 9), bark chip paths, and a new basket placement (hole 5).
                          We can't get this all done without a lot of help, so please come support the course.

Additionally, the 2013 Tuesday Twos fundraiser discs are in and will be available for first sale on the day of the work party. I'll be raffling off one during lunch (winner's choice). The available discs this year are: Gummy Champion Rhyno, Champion Gator, Champion Metal Flake Leopard, Champion Metal Flake Teebird, Champion Metal Flake Tern, Blizzard Boss, and DX Roc.

I'll also be out at the park doing work on 3/15. Message me if you're available that day as well.

Comment

What time you goin out on fri Scott ill go if I'm available

Comment

Probably no later than 9:00.
                              Need to verify with the Parks Dept. that they'll have tools available, but at this point it looks like we'll be good to go.