Basket anchor party at Woodland Creek Park (Lacey, WA)! Feb. 2nd @ 9am. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basket anchor party at Woodland Creek Park (Lacey, WA)! Feb. 2nd @ 9am.

After many, many great work party at the course, its finally time to get some metal in the ground! We will be planting anchors on Saturday, Feb. 2nd, @ 9am. The club will be sponsoring lunch for all that show up. We will be placing the actual baskets the following Saturday.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

MERICA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drgnblood View Post
      MERICA!!!
      Dude, what????? what does "MERICA" have to do with installing discgolf baskets??

please explain.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
        Dude, what????? what does "MERICA" have to do with installing discgolf baskets??

please explain.
        Its kind of like... "America! Fuck Yeah, gonna save the mother fuckin' day now"! Only, its the shorter version...

ps. "Freedom, costs $1.05"....

Comment

We are all just a little giddy and excited, that's all !

Comment

Now, if only we had the anchors made and the holes dug.

Comment

TYVEK, I wouldn't expect you to understand....nor do I really care if it has anything to do with disc golf. Just stoked that we are putting in anchors and baskets soon.

Comment

Originally posted by drgnblood View Post
                TYVEK, I wouldn't expect you to understand....nor do I really care if it has anything to do with disc golf. Just stoked that we are putting in anchors and baskets soon.
                the reason i asked is because that "term" has become a comment that is made when people are slinging insults towards americans and stereotyping our behavior. when you see "MERICA" it is never meant with good intentions behind it. so naturally when i saw you post that, it made me think that somehow you were trying to insult us and trying to tie us in with some sort of redneck stereotype that usually goes along with that comment.

maybe that is not how you intended it to be, but for future reference that is not a "supportive or good" term.

and to follow that up, what do you mean that you wouldnt "expect me to understand"??? i mean clearly i understand the terminology better than you do, i was trying to find out why you would say something like that.
                please explain why you didnt expect me to understand.
                thanks.
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

when my daughter says "merica" it is not a slam to the usa, but just used as a redneck term. picture a deliverance character shouting with excitement.
                  thats the way i take it.

Comment

the reason i asked is because that "term" has become a comment that is made when people are slinging insults towards americans and stereotyping our behavior. when you see "MERICA" it is never meant with good intentions behind it. so naturally when i saw you post that, it made me think that somehow you were trying to insult us and trying to tie us in with some sort of redneck stereotype that usually goes along with that comment.

maybe that is not how you intended it to be, but for future reference that is not a "supportive or good" term.

and to follow that up, what do you mean that you wouldnt "expect me to understand"??? i mean clearly i understand the terminology better than you do, i was trying to find out why you would say something like that.
                    thanks.
                    I don't think the insult "us" comment works here, Orion. Ol' DRGNBLOOD has been out to quite a few of the work parties recently, even going as far as bringing a friend to help out. Unfortunately for him, he's one of "us"!

Comment

thanks.

SIGH...

Comment

tie us in with some sort of redneck stereotype
                        If I am included in that "us"
                        I am a redneck, and on occasion, proud of it

this is why I hate the interweb
                        so much gets lost in translation and/or taken out of context
                        and the hardest for me (or on me) sarcasm

Comment

by the way, we are having a work party to install some basket anchors on sat.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I can say that I fight for the freedom to say what I want. In the service it's not used as a derogatory term, it's more of a " Fuck Yeah " term to describe excitement in my circle. And yes, maybe you do understand terminology better than me...and for that you deserve a fucking cookie, and I will be sure to have one for you at the next work party should you be there. MERICA!!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                              ...Unfortunately for him, he's one of "us"!
                              ^ For those having trouble keeping up...I'm fairly certain that's a little redneck sarcasm. Funny sh*t.

Keep up the good work at your new course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X