Basket anchor party at Woodland Creek Park (Lacey, WA)! Feb. 2nd @ 9am. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT THE...!?!?!?

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
    the reason i asked is because that "term" has become a comment that is made when people are slinging insults towards americans and stereotyping our behavior. when you see "MERICA" it is never meant with good intentions behind it. so naturally when i saw you post that, it made me think that somehow you were trying to insult us and trying to tie us in with some sort of redneck stereotype that usually goes along with that comment.

maybe that is not how you intended it to be, but for future reference that is not a "supportive or good" term.

and to follow that up, what do you mean that you wouldnt "expect me to understand"??? i mean clearly i understand the terminology better than you do, i was trying to find out why you would say something like that.
    please explain why you didnt expect me to understand.
    thanks.
    OVERFUCKINGSENSITIVE!!!!!WOW!!!You need to take a break from the "gun control" thread, take a breath, relax. Now sound it out....M-E-R-I-C-A (silent 2 count..and...)(drop it hard) F-U-C-K Y-AH!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitodd View Post
      OVERFUCKINGSENSITIVE!!!!!WOW!!!You need to take a break from the "gun control" thread, take a breath, relax. Now sound it out....M-E-R-I-C-A (silent 2 count..and...)(drop it hard) F-U-C-K Y-AH!!
      ^ For those keeping up...^ this is less sensitive, less sarcasm, more IN YOUR FACE true feelings ^ (and many good rednecks & redneck supporters would likely agree) - GOOD ADVICE!... Or as nice good US of A dudes would simply say "F- Yeah!" or "M-E-R-I-C-A !!!"

Sheeeeee*t southerner redneck PNW DG dudes ROCK! Go Olympia!

Comment

Originally posted by drgnblood View Post
        I'm pretty sure I can say that I fight for the freedom to say what I want. In the service it's not used as a derogatory term, it's more of a " Fuck Yeah " term to describe excitement in my circle. And yes, maybe you do understand terminology better than me...and for that you deserve a fucking cookie, and I will be sure to have one for you at the next work party should you be there. MERICA!!
        hey that sure is a "good attitude" you have there.

dude, you have no idea about what work i have put in with disc golf. mostly because you dont know me and dont seem to have been around for very long.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

this thread should be used as an example for all internet board users

on how to misunderstand, or have something taken the wrong way
          then, continue to have things escalate, on said internet board, by going back and forth until, everyone else is wondering what the hell happened?

coming from someone who enjoys being around, and doing stuff, with both of you guys

I am left wondering....
          how can two of the nicest, greatest guys, that have never really met/been around each other,
          are now getting pissy with each other?

i think you both should relax, chalk all this up to a misunderstanding, or at least agree to disagree on the the proper (or improper) usage of a slang term
          because you both come from different regions and backgrounds

then when you finally meet, you will say, wow that was weird, this guy is all right

Comment

by the way we are having a work party on sat.

Comment

I agree with what matt said. thank you matt.
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I've said my piece. It's squashed. I have no issues with the guy, and I'm sure he's a real down to earth person. Just don't bash my intelligence on the Internet. See y'all Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                  After many, many great work party at the course, its finally time to get some metal in the ground! We will be planting anchors on Saturday, Feb. 2nd, @ 9am. The club will be sponsoring lunch for all that show up. We will be placing the actual baskets the following Saturday.
                  holes for the basket anchors are dug, ready for some concrete etc.!

poles have been placed in new 2nd position

(except hole #1, I think we should place a pole on the far edge of the trail)

chris, if you bring the pole sat. i will put it in

that way we have 18 holes (front 9 = baskets, back 9 = poles)

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                    holes for the basket anchors are dug, ready for some concrete etc.!

poles have been placed in new 2nd position

(except hole #1, I think we should place a pole on the far edge of the trail)

that way we have 18 holes (front 9 = baskets, back 9 = poles)
                    It's still in my truck, I will bring it out. Good work out there fellas!
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

slippery slope...

carefull here matt, this is Gilby were talking to. I said this once to him and he was at my door within 10min with a six pack. I gave him the shaft.

Comment

i'm not touching that with a 6 foot tone pole

Comment

Originally posted by guitodd View Post
                          carefull here matt, this is Gilby were talking to. I said this once to him and he was at my door within 10min with a six pack. I gave him the shaft.
                          You remember this night quite differently than how it actually played out. Oh well, what ever helps you sleep better.

Comment

If I can make it, would tools would help?

Comment

Originally posted by pagl View Post
                              If I can make it, would tools would help?
                              any hand tools (we are volunteers, so no gas or batt powered tools)
                              loppers, handsaw, and clippers - stuff for clearing fairway bushes
                              shovel and wheelbarrow for concrete and/or shavings on trail
                              love the help, cant have too many people, still lots to do

Comment

What a great day out at WCP! Thanks to everybody who came out to help, we have all of the anchors set for the first pin placement, and we have all of the posts in the ground for the second placement. We also got quite a big jump on clearing out the green for #1 and #3 long pin's.

We will be putting the baskets in the ground next Saturday @9am.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X