X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willamette Valley Winter Series part Deuce!!

Hello Everyone,

We are proud to announce the return of the Willamette Valley Winter Series. After our success last year this season is sure to be even better. I have put together a tentative schedule of dates that do not conflict with the Southern Oregon Winter Series (Thanks Yose!!). This means that you Die-Hard winter golfers will be able to play 20+ events this season. I'm going to start gathering all the permits necessary to play at the County and City Parks again. Please stay tuned for venues, work parties and other exciting information.

I'm really looking forward to this year as I am not going to play. It's my goal to capture the Series with photos and videos for production of a DVD. Showcasing our dedication and hard-nosed approach during the wet winter months. This means that all players will have to sign an insurance release and the rights to their image in order to play. Legal mumbo jumbo mostly lol. (please let me know your thoughts on this or if you'd like to be excluded from any media)

Just like last year players will need to make at least 5 of the 9 Series events to qualify for the Series Payout. The top 5 point totals will be added up to declare divisional champions. In a nutshell the winner of each event gets 100 points, second receives 99 points, third gets 98 points and so on. Get in touch with me if you'd like more information on the points structure of the Series.

Thanks for all the support!!

Pro- $25
    Adv/Am- $20
    Rec/Novice/Juniors-$20
    $5 from each entry goes to the following.
    -$1 Ace-Pot
    -$2 Series Finale Payout
    -$2 Series Fees (Maps, Scorecards, Permits etc)

November 12th, 2011
    November 27th, 2011 (Sunday, Civil War on Saturday....GO DUCKS!!)
    December 10th, 2011
    January, 1st, 2012
    January 14th, 2012
    February 11th, 2012
    February 25th, 2012
    March 10th, 2012
    March 24th, 2012 Series Finale

TD:
    Andrew Rich
    Pure Disc Golf .Com
    541-337-2942
    purediscgolf@yahoo.com
    Last edited by purediscgolf; August 24th, 2011, 08:01 AM.
    Disc Golf Accessories

Huk ya!
    I really enjoyed some of the temp layouts last winter.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
      I really enjoyed some of the temp layouts last winter.
      Copy that, the courses were awesome. Lookin' forward to it!

Comment

Any hint yet of the courses to be played?
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Is this even happening? I haven't heard anything about it in some time. Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Still nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
              Still nothing?
              BUMP

Perhaps one of you Faceborgers could hit Andrew up and see if there is an update?

Comment

Pardon my tardiness...

Hey everyone,

I've been working 50 hours a week at two jobs and just recently moved into a new place and got a puppy. Life's a bit crazy right now. Sorry for the lack of communication.

We are definitely going to kick off the season on November 12th. The course we are playing came down to a few different factors. I was hoping for Alton Baker but there was a lot of confusion with the Occupy protest going on there. Perkins Peninsula was brought up and then had to be put on the back burner until later in the year.....

So to allow some more time to finalize everything with the various parks departments we will start at Cottage Grove on November 12th. There will be fliers up at all the area courses by the end of this weekend.

I appreciate all your support and look forward to bringing you some awesome Disc Golf this winter. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
                541-337-2942

ps.
                Please don't hesitate to call me if you have any questions or would like more information on Sponsorships. The Willamette Valley Winter Tour is aimed at being a laid back and fun (yet competitive on some levels ) atmosphere to hone your skills over the winter.
                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                  Hey everyone,

I've been working 50 hours a week at two jobs and just recently moved into a new place and got a puppy. Life's a bit crazy right now. Sorry for the lack of communication.

We are definitely going to kick off the season on November 12th. The course we are playing came down to a few different factors. I was hoping for Alton Baker but there was a lot of confusion with the Occupy protest going on there. Perkins Peninsula was brought up and then had to be put on the back burner until later in the year.....

So to allow some more time to finalize everything with the various parks departments we will start at Cottage Grove on November 12th. There will be fliers up at all the area courses by the end of this weekend.

I appreciate all your support and look forward to bringing you some awesome Disc Golf this winter. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
                  541-337-2942

ps.
                  Please don't hesitate to call me if you have any questions or would like more information on Sponsorships. The Willamette Valley Winter Tour is aimed at being a laid back and fun (yet competitive on some levels ) atmosphere to hone your skills over the winter.
                  Cool! I can't make the first one but hope to attend most of the others. Love me some Winter tournaments!

Comment

Cottage Grove sounds like a great place to start. How's registration going to work and what time are things going to get started? Thanks!

MP

Comment

Cottage Grove on Saturday morning

We take registration from 8-9AM and have the player's meeting at 9:15, tee-off at 9:30 sharp. Please make sure to bring your portable baskets to the temporary courses later on in the series. We are also going to be raffling off a Bentley Basket from Disc Golf Depot for $10 per ticket. Only 50 tickets will be sold. Please let me know if you have any more questions or would like any information on hole sponsorship opportunities. Cheers,

Andrew Rich
                      541-337-2942
                      Pure Disc Golf .Com
                      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I am excited to actually participate in a series for the first time!

See you Saturday!

Comment

Thanks Andrew i had a blast! cant wait till the next one. i think it is really cool u are taking the time to document the series this year... look forward to all the great footage and pics!

Comment

Great day at the Grove had a blast. Thanks Andrew.

Comment

Results with "unofficial" ratings. Will have some more interesting analysis to share as the series progresses. Thanks to everyone who played and thanks Andrew for putting everything together!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&output=html

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X