X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hollowak View Post
    Results with "unofficial" ratings. Will have some more interesting analysis to share as the series progresses. Thanks to everyone who played and thanks Andrew for putting everything together!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&output=html
    Excellent! Those rating estimates look pretty accurate to me..

I don't know if more propagators would help refine the accuracy, but there are a few more players with current PDGA ratings you could include:

Open Men:

Lee Fouste 966
    Cloud Pemble 935
    Roy Albert 916

Advanced Men:

Warren Hollinshead 895

Comment

Yeah Thanks Kevin for running stats!!!

Its gonna be cool to have those as the WVWS continues!

Comment

[QUOTE=hollowak;109893]Results with "unofficial" ratings. Will have some more interesting analysis to share as the series progresses. Thanks to everyone who played and thanks Andrew for putting everything together!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&output=html[/QU

I wish my rating was 984 (Ben Chilton), but alas, I am still in the ranks of advanced at a 943 (I think). I appreciate the vote of confidence though!!! Thanks to Andrew and crew for putting on another WVWS, looking forward to some Perkins pandemonium.

Comment

Originally posted by chainsmasher View Post
          I wish my rating was 984 (Ben Chilton), but alas, I am still in the ranks of advanced at a 943 (I think). I appreciate the vote of confidence though!!! Thanks to Andrew and crew for putting on another WVWS, looking forward to some Perkins pandemonium.
          Thanks Ben, and thanks everyone for the feedback. My method of obtaining player rankings was a little scatter-shot. The PDGA only uses propagators if their ranking is based on 8 or more rounds, so I stuck to that at first... but rankings can also include rounds from previous years, a level of research I was not prepared to undertake. I'll shore things up for the next event.

Comment

Where is #2 going to be located?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              Where is #2 going to be located?
              Here is the second stop in the Willamette Valley Winter Series. We will need all the portable baskets we can get so please call your friends. The plan is to put 18 holes within the footprint that was recently approved for a permanent course. Signups from 8-9AM, Player's Meeting at 9:15, Tee-off at 9:30. Please comment on this page or send me a message if you have a basket(s) to bring. Thanks.

Pro- $25
              Adv/Am- $20
              $5 from every entry goes to the following:
              $2- Series Fee (Permits, Copies, Costs etc)
              $2- Series Finals payout
              $1- Player's Pack (Handwarmer or Microfiber Towel)
              +optional $1 Ace-Pot

Hey everyone I am excited to announce that we are playing Alton Baker Park next SUNDAY for the second stop in the willamette valley winter series. Remember to wear your Ducks (WTD!) and Beavers gear as this is CIVIL WAR! We are sharing the park with the track community as they are hosting a relay on Pre's Trail and throughout the other side of the park at NOON. This is a great chance to show how we will coexist.

Andrew Rich

Compiled from FB

Comment

I've got a Mach Lite that I will bring, it has magic chains that attract my magic disc(s) for sure-fire aces every time!

Comment

We moved this Series to a more prominent location in the forum because of interest and strong attendance and then all info about it stopped coming.

Yes, I know it's all on Facebook. I guess the internet has officially been assimilated.

Comment

Ya sorry Matt lol. Check it all out at eugenediscgolf.com. Cheers,
                    Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Does anyone know where #3 is going to be located?

Comment

Originally posted by Texmix1987 View Post
                        Does anyone know where #3 is going to be located?
                        I think you want to check Facebook or www.eugenediscgolf.com

Comment

I have tried that and still nothing about it.

Comment

Willamette Valley Winter Series #3 UPDATE!!! Hey Everyone, here is the latest news. The plan is to play PERKINS PENINSULA this Saturday, December 10th. I have to go by the Lane County Parks Department today with proof of insurance and the fees for all the Series events. After I get all the particulars in order I can announce the locations for the rest of the series. Spread the Word!!! THANKS!!

-Andrew Rich

ps. Sorry for the lack of info. Been a crazy fall/winter with the new puppy and the parks dept raising fees etc. I should have the series set for the 7 events remaining. Cheers,
                            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Hey Everyone!
                              We are doing big things this year and hope you all can come check it out. A huge pot of chili and cornbread has become a tradition and the courses are awesome. Come on over to eugenediscgolf.com to get all the information you need for the series. I figured it was much easier than having all the updated information all fragmented in a forum.

Also, please take note that we have shifted the dates of the last few events in the series. Here is a flier that will give you all the information. Cheers,

http://eugenediscgolf.com/willamette...inter-series1/

Andrew Rich
                              Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Hey Andrew, I am wondering why I (Ben Chilton) was excluded from Perkins on the point standings. Although I didn't finish very high, I did do better than a zero!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X