Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Team DG: 2013

Team Captains and players,

Its time to get things started for WA TDG 2013!

First, I would like to thank Sam Huff for all of his help in developing WATDG over the off season and over the years. I feel like we have a very streamlined system in place, and we would not be where we are today if it wasn't for Sam!

Second, I would like to thank all of the powers that be for allowing us to use all of the courses for WATDG 2013 free of charge! As a fundraiser league, its important for us to be able to give a "difference making" donation to a couple of deserving courses. This would not be possible without the support of the local clubs and course decision makers.

Third, let me thank all of you that are returning as Team Captain this year. Continuity is key to the success of WATDG.

Fourth, I would like to thank all of the new Captains for stepping up for their teams! I appreciate the fact that everybody here has a history with WATDG, it's much easier to get everybody on the same page with the process if they have been around it all ready.

We will be making few small changes to the system this year, most of which is designed to make the job of data entry as easy as possible. I will go over a couple of the major changes here, but please refer to the website http://www.watdg.com/ and familiarize yourselves with all of the rules and schedule for WATDG.

1) The biggest change will be the increase in points for doubles matches, the dubs matches will now be worth two points. It really just makes sense that two players are playing on a team, they should each be playing for a point. It also makes the scoring easier, as there wont be any 1/4 points for doubles ties.

2) The second change that you will notice is the scoring sheet that we will be using. It will be the same sheet that we used last year, except there will be an additional space to write in the players round score. This will make the data entry side of things expedited as all of the player info will be in the same order as it is in the spreadsheet that we use online. Basically, as a captain, you will be responsible for turning in the round rating sheet at the end of the day. The info that will be on the sheet is A) Player score for each round B) Player w/l/t for each round. C) Team points for each round. It is going to be EXTREMELY important to fill out the rating sheets clearly and accurately. I will be going over the rating sheets in detail at our first match.

3) We have changed the team dues to $200 per team. Roster changes will still cost an additional $25.

4) Please have rosters finalized and turned into me along with players rating no later than Sunday the 23rd of December. Team dues will be due at the FIRST event. Also, please make sure your players are current with the PDGA. We utilize their rating system and it helps keep rating consistent.

The Schedule for WATDG will be as follows:

Jan 6th Lakewood Feb 24th Course TBD

Jan 13th WhiteRiver Mar 10th Seatac

Jan 27th Kitsap Mar 24th Riverside

Feb 10th Steilly Apr 7th Shelton Springs

Thanks Captains, I'm looking forward to another great season of WATDG!

Chris Gilberts

Commissioner
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Jan 6th Lakewood

Jan 13th WhiteRiver

Jan 27th Kitsap

Feb 10th Steilly

Feb 24th Course TBD

Mar 10th Seatac

Mar 24th Riverside

Apr 7th Shelton Springs
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

The Moose is most defenitly loose.

Aaron Holley, Pistol Pete Land, Erik Illg, Rolly, Mark Yarmek, new boys Dan Major and Kenny Clark and our insurance Jim O

The Moose motto

Screw the handicaps we are just going to kick your ass

Chris is it going to be possible to play the teams we did not play last year?
      You guys, Outs, Wickers, Sounders Sumo because we got stormed out and Riverside becasue of the forfeits
      rewindb.com

Comment

I hope team MACO doesn't screwed again this year and get stuck playin team Oly. Hippies that can't afford to buy their own cigarettes or alcohol are only so much fun. And by so much fun I mean no fun at all. Hippies

Comment

Originally posted by maco capo View Post
          I hope team MACO doesn't screwed again this year and get stuck playin team Oly. Hippies that can't afford to buy their own cigarettes or alcohol are only so much fun. And by so much fun I mean no fun at all. Hippies
          I have to agree....however I have noticed that not just Team Oly, but team MACO seem to find the back of my truck and suck all the bloody marys and margaritas dry. Actually, Team Jub (excluding Jub) makes a pretty big dent in the mobile liquor store. At least Team Oly traded me a PBR light last year for the margaritas.

Go Team Golf!

Sincerely,
          Brian (Team Way Outs....as in thanks to Team Oly, MACO, and the Moose Team, we are Way Out of beer and tequila).

Comment

Pardon my voyeurism* from across the river but,

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post

1) The biggest change will be the increase in points for doubles matches, the dubs matches will now be worth two points. It really just makes sense that two players are playing on a team, they should each be playing for a point. It also makes the scoring easier, as there wont be any 1/4 points for doubles ties.
            I love this idea. It will definitely add a wrinkle to the strategery.

*Don't worry the Gilberts enjoy an audience from time to time

Comment

The schedule is out..... Looks like Team Oly is matched up against the Way Outs at every single event this year! Looks like team Maco got left off the schedule....

PS. I like top shelf Bourbon

Comment

The schedule is out..... Looks like Team Oly is matched up against the Way Outs at every single event this year! Looks like team Maco got left off the schedule....

PS. I like top shelf Bourbon
                that top shelf stuff is too pricey! i just about lost my brisket when i saw how much a bottle of that basil haydens goes for!!

by the time team golf comes around i should be able to wrangle up some low-mid shelf stuff for you! from my perspective i am thinking a bit of the old "quantity over quality" might just do the trick.

we will save all the floor level stuff for the way outs.
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Ty don't waste your money on TDG Booze hounds Buy the good bottle for you drink it and then fill the good bottle with 10 high
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Our fearless leader

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                    The Moose motto, Screw the handicaps we are just going to kick your ass

...Too much Rocky IV over the offseason coach?
                    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                    PDGA # 42821
                    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Ty don't waste your money on TDG Booze hounds Buy the good bottle for you drink it and then fill the good bottle with 10 high
                      heres the thing................. i dont drink. am i still allowed to play disc golf????
                      Team Meteor

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                        heres the thing................. i dont drink. am i still allowed to play disc golf????
                        ....but you do make one hell of a good moonshine. I think you can play!

Comment

....but you do make one hell of a good moonshine. I think you can play!
                          Yeah My eye sight finally returned
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Yeah My eye sight finally returned
                            isnt that something else that youve been doing that causes blindness!
                            i have noticed you have a strong grip there Jub.
                            Team Meteor

Comment

^^^^^^ha ha ha ha

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X