X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Team DG: Congrats to Dan Lilly and Team Steilly

Congratulations go out to Capt. Dan Lilly and his Steilly team for their WA Team Disc Golf Championship victory over the team from White River. Team Steilly will receive a basket with an engraved tag to install at their course. They will also have the honor of displaying the Championship Plaque to commemorate the victory. Team Steilly has also been chosen to be the recipient of the WA TDG course improvement donation. The club will be awarded $700 to go towards new tee signs at the course, this is something we can ALL enjoy!

Our total WA TDG donation this year is $1050!

A huge thank you goes out to all of the Team Captains that participated in this years WA TDG. A very special thank you goes out to Sam Huff and Morgan Rothrock. You guys are the reason this is all possible.

See you next season!
    Chris Gilberts
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

A BIG THANK YOU TO CHRIS, SAM, MORGAN AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT MADE WASHINGTON TEAM DISC GOLF POSSIBLE THIS YEAR. I KNOW ALOT OF HARD WORK WENT INTO MAKING SURE EVERY COURSE WE PLAYED THIS YEAR WAS IN THE BEST CONDITION POSSIBLE..........THANK YOU!

IT WAS A SO MUCH FUN THIS YEAR WITH A LITTLE BIT OF ADDED STRESS. I HAD THE HONOR OF BEING A TEAM CAPTAIN THIS YEAR AND I NOW KNOW WHAT IT TRULY FEELS LIKE TO HAVE THAT BIT OF RESPONSIBILITY. I MADE IT A LITTLE BIT MORE STRESSFUL TO MYSELF DUE TO MY COMPETITIVE NATURE AS IM SURE MOST OF YOU CAN RELATE TO. SPENDING A FEW NIGHTS BEFORE THE EVENTS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO IS PLAYING AND WHO IS NOT WITH WHAT KIND OF RATING ON WHATEVER COURSE........

THE BEST PART WAS PLAYING WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT PLAYERS SEEING ALL KINDS OF INDIVIDUAL TALENT. THE HANDICAP SYSTEM WORKED OUT AS PLANNED AND EVERY BATTLE WAS INTENSE AND SUPER FUN. LOSING TO JUB AND THE SPARTACUS MOOSE TEAM WAS OUR ONLY LOSS AND THAT HUMILITY WAS THE KEY TO OUR SUCESS AFTER THAT AND THE POSSIBILITY OF NOT HAVING TO PLAY TEAM OLY AT RIVERSIDE DUE TO THE ICE STORM.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN NEXT YEAR...........MORE THAN LIKELY I WILL NOT BE CAPTAIN, BUT STILL REMAIN WITH TEAM STEILY.

LASTLY, A BIG CONGRATS TO TEAM WHITE RIVER............THE MATCH BEFORE WAS SUPER CLOSE AND THE FINAL MATCH WAS EVEN CLOSER (5-5). CANT GET MUCH CLOSER WITHOUT WINNING.......WOW. THANK YOU LOU TRAN FOR ALLOWING ME TO WITNESS AN AWESOME ROUND ON THE RED COURSE EVEN THOUGH I WAS ON THE RECEIVING END.......OUCH! HE ONLY BEAT ME BY A SMIDGE..........12 STROKES......WELL 11 IF YOU COUNT THE STROKE HE HAD TO GIVE ME.
    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

The Moose also want to thank the TDG crew for putting up with all of us. We drew with the Kitsap Crew so 8th is not so bad

Chris Thanks for sharing the new ideas for next year. Not that I can speak for TDG but be ready for an expanded Array of area teams.

Side note I want to tell all the Pete Land inquirers He's not going anywhere!!!!
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
        The Moose also want to thank the TDG crew for putting up with all of us. We drew with the Kitsap Crew so 8th is not so bad

Chris Thanks for sharing the new ideas for next year. Not that I can speak for TDG but be ready for an expanded Array of area teams.

Side note I want to tell all the Pete Land inquirers He's not going anywhere!!!!
        No, there will not be an expanded array of new teams next year. There will be 12 teams again, hopefully the same 12 as we had this year.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Well done, Dan & Team Steily!!!! -Looking forward to the new tee sigs.

Chris, Sam, & Morgan (and everyone else involved) - The Puget Sound Disc Golf Community is proud to have such an agressive crew of players willing to work this hard for the local improvement of the sport.

Thank You!!!!

Last edited by Rideout; April 9th, 2012, 04:08 AM.
          WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Big thanks, to everybody who helped run a great season. Unfortunately, a sprained ankle and a memorial to attend kept me out of the last two matches, but I had a great time playing every other week.

Signs at Steily is a great use of the money. I'd bet the players of team golf have played more combined rounds at that course than anywhere else and the signs could definitely be updated.
            Read this ^

Comment

We are Spartacus Moose

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
              LOSING TO JUB AND THE SPARTACUS MOOSE TEAM WAS OUR ONLY LOSS AND THAT HUMILITY WAS THE KEY TO OUR SUCESS
              Trust me Dan the humility was all ours. :slap face:

A BIG THANK YOU TO: Chris, Sam, Morgan, all the volunteers, wives and families for making this a possibility. Awesome job, and I look forward to next year.

This was my first year in TDG and the few things I got out of TDG will be put to work on the course this season. I enjoyed playing with lots of new faces and learning to play from different situations. Something that will be very useful coming up.

Congrats to the winners, Dan and Team. The Moose played the role of underachieving spoilers, but we wear that with pride and look forward to ruining a perfect season for someone next year

A personal Thank you goes to our Coach, captain, mentor and Head Moose, Jub Jub. You were more than just a team captain to me, thanks for the encouragement and motivation.

My on course favorite moment was playing dubs with Big Dawg and Dirty. It took 17 holes for us to pull within 1 stroke, on the 18th, I hit a amazing 65 footer for birdie while our opponents were looking at a most difficult 3 from about 55ft, in the middle of a tree.. After I made the putt we took the lead and they needed the putt to force a push. Big Dawg stepped up and drained it, we all cheered and remarked of how epic that round was. A moment were I understood what TDG was about..

My favorite off course moment was the night before the finals. Sweet Peter Land was wondering why he had drank so many beers but his buzz was nowhere to be found. 10 beers later and at 2 am, we find out you can't get drunk off of non-alcoholic beer. Pure comedy. We laugh as a group about that one for a good minute or two. Another example of TDG's golden moments.
              "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
              PDGA # 42821
              Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X