X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Team DG: Where does the money go!

As you all know, WA TDG is a fundraiser league. We are coming to the end of our 2012 season, and the time is coming to decide where the money should go. I am not looking to hand over a bunch of cash to a club and say do what you will, I want some legwork done by the club/ team, I am looking for "shovel ready" ideas. If you want signs, then design them and price them out. If you want a kiosk, design it and price it out, if you want benches, design them and price it out. You get the idea.

The first written proposal has been submitted by Jub, for 2 new baskets for "The Woodlands 9" @ Silver Lake.

I look forward to many more!

Chris Gilberts
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

And Steilly has a proposal for new tee signs in the works....

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
      And Steilly has a proposal for new tee signs in the works....
      this would be a huge improvment! stilly has been confusing for as long as i have been playing, no offense meant to anybody. i just know that when i have talked to people about playing at stilly the thing that ALWAYS comes up is how they cant find their way around unless they are with a local.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I am waiting for somebody to propose we fund the new course at Woodland Creek in Lacey.....

Anybody? Anybody?

Comment

I am waiting for somebody to propose we fund the new course at Woodland Creek in Lacey.....

Anybody? Anybody?
          how about we use the money to help install a course at woodland creek in lacey? stilly can be confusing for a little while longer. we need a course in OLY!
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Anybody? Anybody?
            I agree with this. You guys really need your own course down there!
            Basket thieves

Comment

Lacey sounds great Chris!
              'Weekend 4 Women':
              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Never even heard about woodland creek.......hmmmmm.
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

How about split the "course improvement" fund between two courses. As much as a large lump sum to a particular course would be nice, let's share the wealth as they say.

Fund one basket at Woodland Creek in Lacey.

Fund one basket at "The Woodlands 9" @ Silver Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                    How about split the "course improvement" fund between two courses. As much as a large lump sum to a particular course would be nice, let's share the wealth as they say.

Fund one basket at Woodland Creek in Lacey.

Fund one basket at "The Woodlands 9" @ Silver Lake.
                    ^THIS

Spread the wealth...one north and one south. That way we are helping out more than one area.
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Steily needs new tee signs and we as players know this. What you might not know is that the park is maintained and leased to the pierce county disc golf players association at a cost of $2000+ a year!!!!!! We have no parks dept. to mow, make repairs to benches and tee signs, or do much more than let us use (rent) there park so that everyone can come play disc golf.
                      We have tee signs ready to be made and will send them out to be made as soon as we are given the green light from team golf, if we were lucky enough to be chosen.
                      We all know that when players come to Washington to play disc golf one place they play is Steily
                      and don't we as players want them to have a good round and have fun? not walk away pissed they could not find the next hole? lets fix that one problem that Steily has and that is tee signs.
                      thanks for reading
                      We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                        Steily needs new tee signs and we as players know this. What you might not know is that the park is maintained and leased to the pierce county disc golf players association at a cost of $2000+ a year!!!!!! We have no parks dept. to mow, make repairs to benches and tee signs, or do much more than let us use (rent) there park so that everyone can come play disc golf.
                        We have tee signs ready to be made and will send them out to be made as soon as we are given the green light from team golf, if we were lucky enough to be chosen.
                        We all know that when players come to Washington to play disc golf one place they play is Steily
                        and don't we as players want them to have a good round and have fun? not walk away pissed they could not find the next hole? lets fix that one problem that Steily has and that is tee signs.
                        thanks for reading
                        You guys have done an amazing job at Steily over the past few years. Good signage would really bring that course together.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Is there going to be an announcement made at the "Award Ceremony" as to where the money raised by team golf will be going? Just wondering what kind of timeline we will be looking at. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                            Steily needs new tee signs and we as players know this.
                            Great idea!!

Although, for me, getting lost on a couple of holes and throwing to the wrong basket has become part of my game at Stilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                              Is there going to be an announcement made at the "Award Ceremony" as to where the money raised by team golf will be going? Just wondering what kind of timeline we will be looking at. Thanks!
                              Yes John, there will be an unveiling!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X