Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Team DG: Week 7 (Bud Pell at Ross Farm)

The next TDG event is at the Bud Pell at Ross Farm DG Course.

March 25th

Comment

See where course creator Paul Wright is standing? And you likely see the dark green reed like grass clumps?

Those are the areas in the opening field portion of the Bud where it's likely to be a little soggy for the Team Golf Event. This lowest field hole is the lowest ground on the course and tends to be right at the water table for this time of year.

I recommend taking note and planning accordingly. The rest of the course gets quickly onto higher ground and is well drained.

Just sayin'... you could wear tennis shoes and long cuffed jeans if you wanna, but they'll likely get a little (or a lot) soggy in the process!

Other features to be aware of for The Bud:

16 out of 18 holes are blind from the tee from long tee positions. (can't see basket directly from tee)
      There's a great Taco truck on site at the adjacent golf driving range.
      The adjacent golf driving range has batting cages, mini golf, and a kids climbing wall or something too.
      Northwest Paintball is also adjacent to the course.
      Lunch driving options would likely be Silverdale
      Those not playing the round are only 5 minutes from Fairgrounds DGC or 15 minutes from N.A.D. park DGC

Comment

Players' Handicaps have been updated and posted for the Bud Pell at Ross Farm TDG Event.

Click here for Handicaps

Comment

Do we have a ssa rating yet? Could not even begin to guess on this one. Thanks.
          WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
            Do we have a ssa rating yet? Could not even begin to guess on this one. Thanks.
            Not yet Dan. I will be working on it.... I've never had the opportunity to play Bud Pell, so I will be looking to the West Sound guys to help...
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

The SSA from the Whiners II Tournament last year was 58, which is 9 rating points per throw.

Depending on the ground water on the first two long field holes. I might suggest that we play from the lower/alternate tee area on hole 2 (old hole 1) and maybe throwing to a temp basket on 1000' hole.

If we play a shorter version of holes 2 and 3 (old hole 1 and 2), the SSA should only lower to 56/57, still 9 ratings points per throw.

Comment

What's new hole 1?? I like the idea of playing Old #1 from the shorter tee-pad. Where would you put a temp basket for the 1000 footer?

Comment

The only thing that changed was the hole numbering system. The old hole 18 is now hole 1. The hole number change has been talked about ever since the baskets went in the ground last year. We all thought that the old hole 17 should be the finishing hole. Actually, it has been known that a few non-local players have skipped hole 18 because they forgot or didn't know about it.

Also, a very cool looking Kiosk has been installed by the first tee.

Now, if we could only get the rain to let up and allow the two lower field holes to dry up.

As for a temp basket location for the 1000' hole. Not sure, probably won't happen unless there is a lot of water on the green. If I had to guess maybe 150' shorter or in the grove of trees at about the 600' distance from the tee.

For the most part, the only wet areas are along the left (west) side of the field.

Most of fairway is OK, just don't go to far left.

Comment

Just wondering if the standings on the team disc golf website is going to be updated? Would like to know where the teams stand and if any of the needed corrections will be made as well. Thanks
                    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Just wondering if the standings on the team disc golf website is going to be updated? Would like to know where the teams stand and if any of the needed corrections will be made as well. Thanks
                      When in doubt, win every match and let the chips fall where they may.
                      Read this ^

Comment

We are working on it...

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                          We are working on it...
                          Chris You have my permission to take two more hours out of petty cash
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                            Chris You have my permission to take two more hours out of petty cash
                            Thanks Jub, but really I just need the captains to fill out their ratings sheets!

Comment

http://www.centralkitsapreporter.com...125188418.html

(archived article in local Silverdale paper from when the course was opened last June)

What is not in the article is how originally we were only originally going to be given use of the lower hayfields for a course, for which we were prepared to perhaps utilize as a mid/late summer only temp course. We had a layout all mapped out, preparations being made, and we were scaling back our expectations. However, by the gracious generosity of the landowner - he freely offered Paul, the club, and all us by extension the use of the amazing raised and rolling land the course mostly sits on today.

I've been told that several special basket pole plaques went out on the course today and should be looking good for this weekend.

Once again - be aware and make your team aware that some soggy ground exists, so plan accordingly. Consider some second round shoes in the back of the truck.

Come have fun, yet as a community lets do our best to respect this donated use course on privately owned land. We as a disc golf community have had a great start here on the land and its been nothing but smiles and I expect team golf will only help that cause out.

And lastly...

and maybe the most pertinent...

Any perimeter braided wire fencing is electrified,live, and cranked up!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X