• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Team DG: Week 3

Rain
    WIND
    Rain
    The Moose was some what contained yesterday against Andy's dandy White River Squad

Thanks to Mark Yarmek consistent play He was our weekly MVM.
    Joe Hellickson for his first time out carried his little frame and my big fat ass.

Handicaps based on player ratings
    I personally like them being updated for each event.
    rewindb.com

Handicaps based on player ratings
    I personally like them being updated for each event.[/QUOTE]

They are!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Players' Handicaps are updated on the TDG website the week before each Event. And Yes, they include all rated rounds from the current TDG season with the exception of very poor rounds that are greater than 60 points below a player's handicap (see rules for more details).

More rated rounds in a player's handicap equals a more accurate Handicap.

Handicaps should start to stablilize now that two Events have been played.

Captains,
      Please use the official Event Handicap sheet to determine a player's handicap for a match. The sheet that gets handed out at the Captains' meeting is the same as posted on the website the week prior to the Event.

Comment

Even with the pouring rain, the first two events of the season have been some of the most fun disc golf days I've had. BIG thanks to all of you who are putting in the work to make team golf the most dollar for dollar fun available anywhere.

I'm making an early prediction that Jub Jub will be nominated as coach (not captain) of the year regardless of the moose's overall finish. His management of the diva-like personalities on the Spartacus squad is reminiscent of Phil Jackson's prime in the Shaq/Kobe days. Complete with an inspiring post game pep talk, I was lucky enough to witness as an outsider. The only thing he hasn't pulled out (yet) is orange slices for after the game.
        Read this ^

Comment

I will agree to the above, as long as I get to be "Karl Malone". Greatest power forward to play the game, arguably. Gold medals, league MVP multiple times, no championships, great nickname. That has got to be me..
          Last edited by Rolly; January 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM. Reason: Mailing it in
          "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
          PDGA # 42821
          Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Sorry buddy, you'll have to settle Vlade Divac.

Besides, the mail man doesn't deliver on Sundays.
            Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; January 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM.
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
              Even with the pouring rain, the first two events of the season have been some of the most fun disc golf days I've had. BIG thanks to all of you who are putting in the work to make team golf the most dollar for dollar fun available anywhere.

I'm making an early prediction that Jub Jub will be nominated as coach (not captain) of the year regardless of the moose's overall finish. His management of the diva-like personalities on the Spartacus squad is reminiscent of Phil Jackson's prime in the Shaq/Kobe days. Complete with an inspiring post game pep talk, I was lucky enough to witness as an outsider. The only thing he hasn't pulled out (yet) is orange slices for after the game.
              AWESOME!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Taking one for the team

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                Sorry buddy, you'll have to settle Vlade Divac.

Besides, the mail man doesn't deliver on Sundays.
                Vhat you mean block ref?
                PDGA # 42821

Comment

Hey Dan, how did we do on Sunday?

I checked espn.com and couldn't find the scores, and they're not up yet at the watdg.com site.
                  Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

The standings might not be updated yet, but the round ratings are.

Looks like the rain and wind added a couple of throws to the SSA for each layout.

Comment

Wow! Steily SE played harder than Pro. I did not expect that. I guess the weather got worse as the day wore on.

Comment

I played around with the Ratings Calculator and removed scores that were more than 30 rating points below a Player's Handicap (6 scores from the SE round, 1 score from PRO). The scores could of been sandbagger rounds. By doing that, the SSAs dropped to PRO 53.90 and SE 53.40.

Looks like a few bad rounds effected the SSA by about 1/2 throw on the SE, which would be more like expected. Also, I think the weather and overall player moral (wet,cold,etc) was worse the second round (SE), which could contribute to another full throw. Remember the fire station holes were especially hard with the wind and OB on both sides of the narrow fairway.

Overall, it was still a great day for winter golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                          Wow! Steily SE played harder than Pro. I did not expect that. I guess the weather got worse as the day wore on.
                          The saturation point was about halfway through the second round and the wind picked up a bit.

I think the NW course canopy would've made for a slightly easier second round due to the conditions, but I didn't see how many branches, if any, were still on the ground over there.
                          Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Rolly View Post
                            I will agree to the above, as long as I get to be "Karl Malone". Greatest power forward to play the game, arguably. Gold medals, league MVP multiple times, no championships, great nickname. That has got to be me..
                            Um, just promise to spare us the short shorts on the course, eh?

Comment

No promises
                              PDGA # 42821

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X