Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a walk at Riverside today and it is in very rough shape. First the good news, all the baskets survived! There was a lot of close calls though. Now for the bad news. Four very large trees came down on 15 & 16 fairways. 100's of large branches are down everywhere else. Somebody cleared the entrance out but the county is keeping the gate locked for now, probably for safety sake. A few "widow makers" up in the trees need to be tended to. Bunch of us will be at Steilacoom tomorrow at 9am to start cleanup there, do our best to be ready for next weekend.

Comment

Players' Handicaps have been updated for the Steily Event.

The Handicap sheets have been revised to show the team match-ups for the event.

Also, the bottom of the sheet has a section for the Captains to fill in with the W/L/T results of each round.

Captains need to return it to the TD at the end of the Event before leaving.

The Captains (in a team match-up) can determine which round that they want to be reponsible for in turning in the results.

Click here for Handicaps

Comment

Thanks Sam! It always nice to have the info as early as possible.
        Do we know which course we will be playing? How about SSA?
        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
          Thanks Sam! It always nice to have the info as early as possible.
          Do we know which course we will be playing? How about SSA?
          We will be playing Pro and SE, in that order. The SSA's for each course are going to be right around 50, so RP/Stroke= 10.
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            We will be playing Pro and SE, in that order. The SSA's for each course are going to be right around 50, so RP/Stroke= 10.
            Thanks I would like to offer a solution for the missed week during the Captins meeting.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Looking at Last year's TDG scoring data, the SSA for Steily SE was 53.3.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                Thanks I would like to offer a solution for the missed week during the Captins meeting.
                ??????

Comment

Round ratings for the Steily Event have been posted on the TDG website.

Click here for Round Ratings.

Comment

The first emails have been sent out to the captains of last years WATDG. I will be posting the schedule as soon as I can confirm the course dates with the course clubs and/ or course decision makers.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                      The first emails have been sent out to the captains of last years WATDG. I will be posting the schedule as soon as I can confirm the course dates with the course clubs and/ or course decision makers.
                      Gilby my dear friend. I took some pictures of you passed out at Crystal in some precarious (or hilarious) positions. "Those arent pillows" ring a bell? Good , so we understand that Jan 12-13th and jan 20th are off limits? Good! FRIEND. Did you not think that your cute "friends of" shirts would not be met with retaliation? OH mY!!!!!

Comment

I am interested/curious about playing on a team (need more info)

from what I understand, all skill levels are needed?
                        if so, I guess I would be able to contribute to a teams score (especially if your skill level will be improving all winter?)

however, I do understand its possible that all the teams may have all their spots filled (or someone else in mind for those spots) already.

I have a lot of free time in the winter!
                        so I thought this would be a good way to kill some of it!

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          I am interested/curious about playing on a team (need more info)

from what I understand, all skill levels are needed?
                          if so, I guess I would be able to contribute to a teams score (especially if your skill level will be improving all winter?)

however, I do understand its possible that all the teams may have all their spots filled (or someone else in mind for those spots) already.

I have a lot of free time in the winter!
                          so I thought this would be a good way to kill some of it!
                          http://www.watdg.com/ Here is some info for you. Things will be a little different this year, but you should be able to get the jist of it.

There is a team from Shelton, the capt. is Chris Auseth. You can contact him about joining. There is also a team from Oly, I am the captain. I will be choosing my team from the people that are doing the most work on the new course. I would guess that you would be in the running based on work parties attended. We can talk more about it on Oct. 14th.

Comment

I guess my next question is do you need to be PDGA?
                            Because I think I could figure out my handicap from my scorecards from Shelton springs.
                            And the few other courses I have played.

Comment

No PDGA requirements. Non-sanctioned.

As for a Player's Handicap, the team captain will be responsible for establishing one, as needed. The majority of the players have established ratings (Player's Handicap) from PDGA events or past TDG events.

If you have played in a PDGA event, let your captain know to aid in establishing a Player's Handicap.

NO PDGA or TDG rating? The last PDGA event of the year is the Chilly Smack Challenge at Fort Steilacoom in December. Players, with no other ratings, can use their round ratings from that event to establish a starting Player's Handicap for Team Disc Golf.

Comment

Here we go again! Everything is in order for our first WATDG event of 2013. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody at Lakewood tomorrow!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X