X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Team DG: Washington Team Golf

Mr. Gilberts I found the section devoted to your fine series.... what should we talk about? Looks like the website is updated. www.watdg.com Some rosters have been posted and the rules are updated. I'm excited for the start on January 8th at Sea Tac. Go Team Riverside!

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
    Mr. Gilberts I found the section devoted to your fine series.... what should we talk about? Looks like the website is updated. www.watdg.com Some rosters have been posted and the rules are updated. I'm excited for the start on January 8th at Sea Tac. Go Team Riverside!
    Thanks John. I knew it was here, thank Mr. Stengle for persuading the mods to give us our own hood.

I was kind of attached to the old thread and its 20,000 views!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Checked out the new format webpage.

From 2011 season - I really liked what was done with the results graph with the two axis listings. It was quick and easy to see who's played who, total points, as well as how the matches turned out. So much info in such a compact space!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
        Mr. Gilberts I found the section devoted to your fine series.... what should we talk about? Looks like the website is updated. www.watdg.com
        Sweet site, fellas!

Missing WA team disc (a little, the big league a.k.a OR TDG is pretty epic),

Eric

p.s. I don't see the date on the calendar where the Oregon champions* play the Washington champions

*whoever wins the Sunday league

Comment

Not saying it is possible, but if the winners were on board, what course would you propose WA-TDG and OR-TDG winners meet at?

I cannot recall a course between Trojan an Steilly off I-5 that has a good 18?
          PDGA# 49616
          Stumptown# 353
          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Here is Spartacus Moose
            A Holley, P Land, R Hundley, M Yarmek, J Hellickson, E Illg, R J-Gunn, jub
            rewindb.com

Comment

The idea has always been to have a TDG "Superbowl", a WA meets OR kind of event for TDG. Maybe this is the year. WA TDG doesn't have our finals until April 7th, so it would be after that sometime. I will run it by the WA captains and see if there is enough interest to start the talks with Jordan.

I propose Shelton Spring's for the Superbowl. It is the newest, baddest, course between Portland and Seattle.

Comment

That seems really far for the OR team, and very convenient for the WA team. Good luck selling that one to the OR team, I'm apprehensive it will fly.
                PDGA# 49616
                Stumptown# 353

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                  That seems really far for the OR team, and very convenient for the WA team. Good luck selling that one to the OR team, I'm apprehensive it will fly.
                  I would guess the driving distance is within a few miles comparing Seattle and Portland to Shelton, so the driving distance would be too close to give a "local" advantage.

Which course would you suggest?

Comment

Trojan
                    PDGA# 49616
                    Stumptown# 353

Comment

MAYBE MAKE IT A DIFFERENT VENUE EVERY YEAR........ONE IN WA AND THE NEXT IN OR AND SO ON. EVEN GO AS FAR AS PICKING THE BEST PLAYERS THAT PERFORMED THROUGHOUT THE SEASON TO REPRESENT OR PICKING ONE PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM THAT CAN MAKE THE TRIP. JUST IN CASE THE WHOLE TEAM THAT WON COULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE OTHER'S VENUE.

ITS A GREAT IDEA..........MAYBE SEND THE TOP THREE TEAMS SO THERE IS MORE PEOPLE SHOWING UP AND PLAYING TO MAKE IT A WORTH WHILE DAY.

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                        MAYBE MAKE IT A DIFFERENT VENUE EVERY YEAR........ONE IN WA AND THE NEXT IN OR AND SO ON. EVEN GO AS FAR AS PICKING THE BEST PLAYERS THAT PERFORMED THROUGHOUT THE SEASON TO REPRESENT OR PICKING ONE PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM THAT CAN MAKE THE TRIP. JUST IN CASE THE WHOLE TEAM THAT WON COULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE OTHER'S VENUE.

ITS A GREAT IDEA..........MAYBE SEND THE TOP THREE TEAMS SO THERE IS MORE PEOPLE SHOWING UP AND PLAYING TO MAKE IT A WORTH WHILE DAY.

Spider Dan,
                        I like that! Like an All Star team North vs South. Question is, do we have an accurate way to line up ratings to keep handicaps fair between WA vs OR?
                        PDGA# 49616
                        Stumptown# 353

Comment

The ratings to be used could be worked out fairly easy to be accurate and fair.

Since, the NW TDG Superbowl would be after the regular season. The individual rated rounds for the regular season could be used to create an average.

The rating guys from the Wa TDG and OR TDG could get together and compare rating systems to agree on the Player's Handicaps to use.

I would be willing to represent Wa TDG to help calculate the handicaps.

We just need to see if there is enough interest and comittment at the end of the season to field the NW TDG Superbowl. Three teams from each league would be great. Even an all-star team would be cool.

Trojan would be one good option to use. A course a little bit more North would be better.

Comment

Gosh, and we thought setting a Washington finale date was tough...

I think it may prove difficult for any one team (let alone 3) field a playable team from the limited roster spots were afforded. With the way its set up, there wouldn't be much room for conflicts - if a team was to compete as a team, like they did in the regular season. Especially considering a 2+ hour drive, late spring full schedule,etc

But I like the Washington team golf all stars v Oregon TDG all stars idea mentioned above. ok, they don't even need to be "All Stars", since its handicapped anyway. Maybe "selections" or draw, from those that can be available, or something.

Some way of fielding a team to play. Could be tough to weed out a sneaky end-around bagging, if one was determined to do so, but in a best intentioned world, it might have some opportunity.

Comment

wa tdg site looks great! Thank you to all who helped make it happen.
                              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X