X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wa Team golf Round info

Thanks for all the number crunching, you guys are great. http://www.watdg.com/event-round-ratings.html

On the "hole info" sheet, what criteria do you use to separate the amateur and advanced ?

Comment

Amateur rounds = rounds rated 880 to 950

Advanced rounds = rounds rated 935 and up

Comment

The thought behind the hole scoring divisions were to represent the different skill sets to validate a hole design. Is the hole designed for the "Open" players or the "Amateur" players? For example, the Blue tees should have good hole numbers for the "Open" player and the Red tees should have good numbers for the "Amateur" players. Of course, it is only numbers. The fun factor also has to be considered in hole design.

800+ = Group of players that represent the basic skill set and up. A quick snapshot of the general pool of players.

Amateur = Group that represents the average skill set of the majority of players that know what they are doing.

Advanced = Group that represents the above average (competitive) players.

Comment

Why are some blocks highlighted in yellow?
          They flag an occurance of a particular hole score that occurs more than 70% on the given hole.
          In theory, if 75% of the players throw the same score on the hole, then very little seperation can occur on that hole within the field of players in a competition.

Comment

nice, thanks

Comment

Which course will be played at Fort Steilacoom on the 26th?

Comment

Word on the street is that we will be playing the NW course both rounds.

Comment

I need a hot round at fair grounds.

Comment

What is the plan for sea tac ? 27 holes ? 2 rounds?

Comment

SeaTac will be 2 rounds. The number of holes and which holes to play is still in question.

I have been pushing for a 19 hole layout, but time will tell to which holes will be used for TDG.

Stay tuned for more info.

Comment

Shouldn't the number of holes be the same on every course so the handicap is not skewed. Every hole added gives an advantage to a player since these handicaps/ratings are based off a 18 hole layout.
                        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

I hope we play the new holes...

Comment

Maybe play the new nine with some old nine and in the second round play the new nine with the other old nine........just a thought of course.
                            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X