X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trash

I noticed a lot of trash at the course today in the buckets and on the course in general. We had two work parties to clean up trash at steily before team golf so it would be clean for the team golf event and I think it was a good thing and I would like to hear from the other team captains if they did the same. I think it all starts with us as organized players to set the standard for others to follow. And if anyone thinks buckets are a good thing on the course after today let me know because I was leaning towards it but after what I saw today I have changed my mind. Trashy courses suck just makes players trash it more.
    We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Mark,

What is interesting to me is you mentioning seeing a lot of garbage in the buckets. Seeing garbage in buckets (or in cans) means that so some degree the cans or buckets are fulfilling their lifes purpose, which is to attract and hold garbage.

Cans and buckets are an implied social contract - " I, garbage can bucket will be here, and I ask you to give me your garbage. That's why I exist."

So that's the rub. A bucket puts that garbage on display. To some degree we get that up in West sound with us hanging white bags. Cans do a better job sometimes, especially like the ones at Shelton with a courtesy lid.

Hmmm.... Tough to find the best way.

Comment

Round ratings have been posted to the WATDG website.

Click Here

Comment

There were some smoking hot ratings at Seatac! Big Dog Mike Worth with a 1035! Kenny Clark with a 1031! But the big winner was Kathy Mckormick shooting 63 points above her rating!
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Yes, some great shooting.

I saw that someone shot 53 points UNDER their rating. Do we give out prizes for that? I may have an old "participant" trophy or a used lightning disc I can bring next time.
            Last edited by LakeStevensBA; March 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post

I saw that someone shot 53 points UNDER their rating. Do we give out prizes for that? I may have an old "participant" trophy or a used lightning disc I can bring next time.
              The only thing worst than playing in your group BA was when I had to play with you and Bates..... So much suck!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post

I also noticed an attempt to deflect attention.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X