i am ready

Comment

great course, great people, just no so great playing on my part
      ready for the next round

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        great course, great people, just no so great playing on my part
        ready for the next round
        Tough go for Team Oly. The weather was great, and the course looked great too.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Thanks again to the players that helped carry all the full garbage bags to the parking lot after the second round.

The WSDGA would like the hear any comments on the two new course improvements (a long tee on 17 and the deeper 18 basket placement)?

So far, everyone liked the new pin placement on 18 and the complaints on the long 17 tee were expected and will be addressed to make the tee location a more viable option to reward a good golf shot to reach the perferred landing zone in the woods fairway.

The round ratings will be posted Monday night. I spent to much time reviewing the cards and score sheets. There were multiple scorecards with no score totals or wrong scores and score sheets that were incorrect.

A few the Team Captains will need to be hung.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
            Thanks again to the players that helped carry all the full garbage bags to the parking lot after the second round.

The WSDGA would like the hear any comments on the two new course improvements (a long tee on 17 and the deeper 18 basket placement)?

So far, everyone liked the new pin placement on 18 and the complaints on the long 17 tee were expected and will be addressed to make the tee location a more viable option to reward a good golf shot to reach the perferred landing zone in the woods fairway.

The round ratings will be posted Monday night. I spent to much time reviewing the cards and score sheets. There were multiple scorecards with no score totals or wrong scores and score sheets that were incorrect.

A few the Team Captains will need to be hung.

had a good time yesterday. the course looked GREAT! thanks to everybody that helped get the course ready for play! i have a couple comments for the course changes.
            #17- not a bad change, BUT i think that the removal of 2-3 smaller trees in the opening would really make it a GOOD hole. with the number of small trees in the opening it came down to "luck" to get through them. im sure the really good players could actually get their discs thru the small gaps, but hey not all of us are of the Pro caliber.

#18- no complaints, i liked the basket farther back.

one other comment, on the first hole you play after crossing the street (the anhyzer shot). the tee pad is raised up off of the ground, and it has been that way for all the years i have played the course. i would love to see that tee pad get some sort of backfilling or a wider box around it with gravel surrounding the teepad, so that we are not stepping/falling on or off the actuall tee pad.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

No rain was the best win of the day.

Hole #17- Too easy par 4, too hard birdie 2. I didn't like the teebox location, only because you were throwing into some danger having the trail to the left. Overall it was fun, and fits in with the rest of the course.

Hole #18- Nice touch to the hole. Some might say it's a "more luck, than skill shot". Personally I would like to see it stretched around further back, if creative with the pin location it could be a finishing par 4.
              "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
              PDGA # 42821
              Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Hole 17. I like the tee location, but the gaps into the woods need to be a little wider and the mature trees need to be limbed up higher. The downside of the tee location is the errant throws that end up to far left and encroach the fairway of Hole 7. A 2 on the hole would be an eagle, if you care about what par is. Give me a few weeks and I'll crunch the numbers and show you the individual hole stats for the TDG Fairground Event.

Hole 18. The Holly tree in the center of the fairway could be trimmed a little to allow the appearance of a bigger gap to hit. A reasonable gap is there, it just doesn't look like it from the tee. The shot off the tee is an S-turn throw for either a Righty or Lefty. Aim for the Holly tree and the let the disc turn before the Holly and flex back. The clean line is the Lefty route, but the Righty line will get you a putt.

Rolly,
                A deeper pin placement would be great, but the basket placement needs the buffer from the road for multiple reasons. There is room to move it deeper and more right, but I don't see that as an option for several years. IMHO, A finishing hole should have the potential for a birdie to make up a throw on the field (x.8 score average).

Comment

i think 18 is good
                  17 just needs a little more clearing, on the right side, as you get farther into the woods
                  it looked pretty tough to get through, up higher on the hill

Comment

Great day.......rain stayed away.

I only played one round, but walked the first.

Hole 17 - seems to be a good par 4 and should be hit 90% of the time. Yes, the opening is very tight and i found that going through the original opening was the best with a slight turnover shot that i did manage to hit and get the three. I understand that i may not get that lucky next time, but when you are tied on the last hole and its hole 17 ........i had to step up.

Hole 18 - of course i liked the shorter placement cause i was just starting to birdie it alot. The further placement is good and a challenge for sure. I agree with rolly and in the future move it back further for a par 4.

Oh, my apologizes on the first round when walking with my son when he was playing........we were the reason for running late and i will make sure that is not to happen again.
                    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

The round ratings have been posted for the Fairgrounds Event.

Go to OP for link.

Comment

The round ratings have been posted for the Fairgrounds Event.

Go to OP for link.
                        thank you
                        oh and it was nice to officially meet you

Comment

OK. I finally got around to crunching the numbers for the hole scores from the TDG event at the Fairgrounds course.

See the attached PDF file.

I seperated the data into three skill sets. (Average player, Advanced, Top pro)

It is very interesting to see how the three skill sets have different hole difficulty ranks.

The data shows the score percentages on each hole. You will be surprised at some of the results.

Comment

OK. I finally got around to crunching the numbers for the hole scores from the TDG event at the Fairgrounds course.

See the attached PDF file.

I seperated the data into three skill sets. (Average player, Advanced, Top pro)

It is very interesting to see how the three skill sets have different hole difficulty ranks.

The data shows the score percentages on each hole. You will be surprised at some of the results.
                            It looks like 17 plays as a true par 4 from the long pad.

Nice work Sammy! (And thanks for being such a numbers geek!)
                            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X