Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Team DG: Rnd#1 @ lakewood

its coming up quickly

im looking at the dgcr page for lakewood and it looks like #1 and #9 are out over water
    my question is how far is it to dry land?
    my noodle arm is nervous just thinking about having to shoot out over it

Last I heard two of the water holes (Hole #9 and #10) had been taken out at the end of November. I am not sure what will be replacing them. It is possible that #9 and #10 will be played with temporary baskets. In that case, if you can throw 230 and play safe, you should stay dry. Hole #1 the carry is even shorter, but if there has been a recent wet spell before you get to play the shoreline can change drastically (~20' ). Good Luck!

Comment

other than that, i think im ready

Comment

matt, have you been up to play lakewood before?? if not i am looking for ANY good reason/excuse to go play before we start team golf so let me know if you want to go up there.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

i have never been there
          lets go i am ready, just say the word

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
            i have never been there
            lets go i am ready, just say the word
            today is no good for me, but either tommorrow or friday would work just fine. what day and time would work best for you? i dont have to work until jan 2nd so i am pretty open for the next week or so.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
              today is no good for me, but either tommorrow or friday would work just fine. what day and time would work best for you? i dont have to work until jan 2nd so i am pretty open for the next week or so.
              pm sent

Comment

tomorrow it is
                anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                  Last I heard two of the water holes (Hole #9 and #10) had been taken out at the end of November. I am not sure what will be replacing them. It is possible that #9 and #10 will be played with temporary baskets. In that case, if you can throw 230 and play safe, you should stay dry. Hole #1 the carry is even shorter, but if there has been a recent wet spell before you get to play the shoreline can change drastically (~20' ). Good Luck!
                  i dug out a beast, an archangel, and a nuke
                  if they go swimming i dont mind

Comment

Thanks for the tour gentleman, nice to meet you, sorry you could not stay, Mr. Anderson

Now I am ready to go

as for the water, its the trees, not the distance!

And the rest of the course, if I can remember to take the elevation changes into account, I will be ok.
                    Last edited by matt; December 28th, 2012, 05:15 AM.

Comment

is it always this quiet around here, this close to the start of team golf?
                      I figured there would be a little more "we are going whip your butt" going on
                      I cant really say much, because I dont know anyone well enough to really stir things up
                      plus all my sarcasm and dry sense of humor always gets lost in type

Comment

looking forward to it
                        but, please go easy on me kitsap
                        just remember i havent even been playing a year yet, i guess is what im saying

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          looking forward to it
                          but, please go easy on me kitsap
                          just remember i havent even been playing a year yet, i guess is what im saying
                          what i mean by this is ^^^
                          i am hoping to get some guidance and mentoring from you seasoned, more advanced players, in a competitive yet also casual (non tournament) fun environment.
                          and i ask for your patience as i am learning to play this great game

can wait to get started, matt

Comment

Matt,
                            I suggest trying to play a few rounds with Chris Gilberts. He is a very patient mentor in the game of disc golf. By playing a few rounds with him, I have learned how to talk while others are putting, opening "beverage" cans while others tee off, and how to laugh at you and not with you during the round. If he is not around to play with, Todd Bates can also be available to provide positive guidance.

Comment

Well said BA, and thank you. I would like to mention a couple of key points of my mentoring strategy that you forgot; A 4 or better means sign the basket. Make sure all benches have a "disc charger". And most important, never pay to park at Blue Lake.
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X