Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I am looking at the results and it says I had a rating lower than what I started the day with
    and next to that it says -1
    Does that mean I had 1 throw more than my rating said I should have?

I hope you understand my question

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      So I am looking at the results and it says I had a rating lower than what I started the day with
      and next to that it says -1
      Does that mean I had 1 throw more than my rating said I should have?

I hope you understand my question
      It means that you threw one rating point under your rating, not one stroke under. Basically, with 10 rating points per stroke, you threw as close to your rating as you could have.
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

The round ratings listed (983, 784, etc) are the what a particular round score was rated. These round ratings are used to determine the course SSA and Player Handicaps. If the course rating points per stroke was 10, then every 10 points would be equated to one stroke. If you scored 20 rating points above your Player's Handicap, then you threw 2 shots better than your handicap.

The (RR vs PH) result is what that round score is in relation to the Player's Handicap.

Since a Player's Handicap is very dynamic (formulas based by the ratings calculated for that player, including the round ratings from that event), there will be some differences in the result listed (RR vs PH) from what the Player's Handicap was noted on the scoring sheet from the event.

Whatever the case, the result listed (RR vs PH) on the table will be more accurate with the Event's included round ratings and consistant with all players that played in the event.

If you were curious to know, the only manual input variables in the Ratings Calculator are (name, team, pdga rating, prior league rating, current TDG round scores). All other values are calculated by formulas and are the same for all players.
        Last edited by Yardbird; January 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          It means that you threw one rating point under your rating, not one stroke under. Basically, with 10 rating points per stroke, you threw as close to your rating as you could have.
          now if only the rest of the team would do this, we might actually get somewhere!! in classic disc golf terms "we sure had alot of FUN playing" in my experience that usually means "not doing so well"

in any case, great job out there on sunday Matt you played well.
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            Well then, its a darn good thing I listened to tyvek about that forehand shot
            I would have hated to actually got a better rating

Comment

Team disc golf kicks ass! Thanks for the continued work of all the people spending their free time to organize all the fun.
              Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                Well then, its a darn good thing I listened to tyvek about that forehand shot
                I would have hated to actually got a better rating
                HA! at least one of us had confidence in your side arm................until it left your hand
                by the way, thank you for your help on my choice of putters. i agree with you if i would have touched the blue one again that round i would have deserved a kick to the head for sure.

i cant wait for this sunday and WHITE RIVER!!
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X