Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-2013 Stumptown Slosh Series

Hello Everyone,

Yes, that's right. it is Slosh time again! As many of you know, we used last years Slosh series as a fund raising effort towards the new baskets at Lunchtime, and we got an amazing response to that effort. The new baskets and a lot of hard work by Dan Brown & the entire DGOD crew have really made Lunchtime a considerably better course to get a round in on.

With that in mind, Stumptown has decided to run this winter's Slosh series as a fund raising effort for the new course at McCormick Park in St. Helens. This new course is being spearheaded by Jared Fischer, Logan Miller & Sean Phillips and looks to be another very cool addition to Oregon disc golf. Please help support this endeavor by attending as many Slosh events as you can manage.

With the exception of the finale at Blue Lake, each Stumptown Slosh event is a 1-day, PDGA sanctioned C-Tier event. Entry fees are $35 and $5 from every entry will go directly to the McCormick Park course fund. The finale at Blue Lake Park will be a 2-Day event with a single round each day using tee times.

Slosh #1 - Sat - 12/15/12 @ Timber Park

Slosh #2 - Sun - 01/20/13 @ North Bonneville

Slosh #3 - Sat - 02/16/13 @ Stub Stewart State Park

Sign-In: 7:30-8:15am
    Players Meeting: 8:30am
    Tee-Off: 8:45-9:00am

Please Note: I have decided NOT to run tee times for Stub Stewart. Due to this change I will be lowering the total number of slots available for this event to improve the overall speed of play.

Slosh #4 - Sat & Sun - 03/9 & 3/10/13 @ Blue Lake Park

Please Note: Due to what we expect to be overwhelming demand for the Blue Lake event we will be reserving the first two weeks of registration for this event for Stumptown members only. After that two week window, registration will be open to everyone.

I will post more information on all of these events once some additional details are ironed out.

As always everyone at Stumptown Disc Golf would like to thank you for helping us promote disc golf in the greater Portland area.

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Sweeeet! Stub Stewert!!!
    Thank you Stumptown DG... for everything you do!
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      Hello Everyone,

Please Note: Due to what we expect to be overwhelming demand for the Blue Lake event we will be reserving the first two weeks of registration for this event for Stumptown members only. After that two week window, registration will be open to everyone.
      What the cap on number of players for this one? It seems that with only one round per day and tee times you could get a ton of players through the course.

Comment

woohoowoohoowoohoowoohoowoohoo!!!
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          What the cap on number of players for this one? It seems that with only one round per day and tee times you could get a ton of players through the course.
          I'm not sure yet, but I am definitely going to err on the side of caution since we're still not 100% sure how quickly the course will play during a tourney.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

This year I will not wreck a car on the way to the slosh. And I will take caution and listen to Emma's advice about the road.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
              This year I will not wreck a car on the way to the slosh. And I will take caution and listen to Emma's advice about the road.
              When it comes to taking driving advice, under no circumstances should one EVER listen to Emma.

Comment

I think you and I both with wrecked vehicles in the last year have nothing to say no matter what the fault was. Ha!
                "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

I think you and I both with wrecked vehicles in the last year have nothing to say no matter what the fault was. Ha!
                  I will accept ZERO responsibility for having someone run a red light and drive right into the side of my car at speed...

Comment

When it comes to taking driving advice, under no circumstances should one EVER listen to Emma.
                    hey! i give excellent driving ADVICE... it just happens that i am not the world's most attentive driver, okay? i have the POTENTIAL to be a FANTASTIC driver... and i my advice is prudent and timely and should often be heeded...

drive fast take chances, yo.

Comment

I will accept ZERO responsibility for having someone run a red light and drive right into the side of my car at speed...
                      Would not have happened if you were not on the road at that time. Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        Would not have happened if you were not on the road at that time. Truth.
                        Exactly. I am sure she warned you at some point.

And to be clear. I hope I did not imply it was your fault Jeff. No controlling red light running idjuts.

Comment

Exactly. I am sure she warned you at some point.

yeah, i was totally like "yo, hagerty... the saturday night of the RCO... be extra careful at red lights, don't trust that people will stop at them... to be safe, you should probably stop at the green lights, okay?" (because besides having timely, prudent, and straight up GOOD driving advice, i am also very psychic).

Comment

Originally posted by DGOD! Disc Golf View Post
                            Sweeeet! Stub Stewert!!!
                            Thank you Stumptown DG... for everything you do!
                            Right back at you Dan. You know you put in some serious work at Stub and many other courses. Lets all get behind these events and crank out a new course in St Helens.

Side Note****

Stub will present some serious challenges with time of play and daylight. We will continue to work with the rangers to get that place in tip top shape by the time of the SLOSH. I always need help out there in order to get more work done per session. If you see a notice of a work party consider coming out because that is me crying for help. Most items I try to take on by myself with the help of a ranger but some jobs are just too big to do this way.

We may end up needing to cap the field at Stub due to the day light issue and go off tee times. This means that we would not have time to rotate cards, therefore you would most likely play in the same group for both rounds.

I will see the closer we get to the event and how much more clean up we can accomplish.
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

hey... i crashed first! That Lake Vancouver Golf Course was so cool. Let us know about the 1st stop confirmation of course location... Got work related activities conflicting with the 3rd and 4th so want to make the first 2...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X