Stumptown Slosh Series #4 - "The Finale" @ Lunchtime Disc Golf Course Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumptown Slosh Series #4 - "The Finale" @ Lunchtime Disc Golf Course

Saturday - February 18, 2012

TD: Dan Brown / Jeff Hagerty

Stumptown Disc Golf is pleased to announce the final Slosh event for the season. Stumptown Slosh events are inexpensive, one-day PDGA Sanctioned C-Tier events aimed at giving players of all skill levels a chance to compete during the winter months. Slosh events also give our club an excellent means of showing the ropes to new tournament directors wanting to learn the ins and outs of running PDGA sanctioned tournaments.

Important Notes:

As many of you know, Stumptown Disc Golf decided to use the entire Slosh Series this year as fund-raising events to help replace the old baskets at Lunchtime Disc Golf Course. Five dollars ($5) from every Slosh entry fee this season has gone directly to the Lunchtime basket fund. It is everyone's support of these events that is allowing us to play this final event at Lunchtime Disc Golf course on the new baskets we have purchased.

Also, Because Lunchtime is a smaller course with just 15 holes, rather than limit the size of the field to 60 players, we have decided to play this event in groups of 5. That will allow us to accommodate up to 75 players, and since the course plays pretty quickly anyway, I doubt this will slow things down too much at all.

Also, I have heard through the grapevine that as a way of saying thank you to the disc golf community for our efforts, the church has decided to provide lunch to all players in the event.

Schedule:

Check In: 7:30-8:30am
    Players Meeting: 8:30am
    Tee Off: 8:45am
    Lunch: 12:00-1:00pm
    Players Meeting: 1:00pm
    Tee Off: 1:15pm
    Awards: 45 minutes after last card comes in

I will be posting a link to the online registration page here as soon as we have it up and running.
    Last edited by Bullseye; January 31st, 2012, 09:54 AM. Reason: Cut & Paste Fail
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

same day as Oregon Deaf Disc Golf Association event...I really want to play this event so badly but as part of ODDGA's tradition that we host Winter Open on the weekend of President's Day which falls on February 18th. I had few members asking me to change the event to 19th which I won't mind changing to if it wasn't for Chick Flick monthly. Cannot please everyone!!

I am excited about the new additions to Lunchtime course, and I wish everyone to have grand time playing the new layout first time!! Many Thanks to Stumptown and everyone involved in the Slosh Series for making it happen!!
      PDGA 38506
      ODDGA 27
      DDGA 176
      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Registration is open!

REGISTER HERE!
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Registration is open!

REGISTER HERE!
          FYI, on the registration page it says, "Sunday - February 18, 2012". That should be "Saturday" right?

Comment

$11 Online Fee?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
              FYI, on the registration page it says, "Sunday - February 18, 2012". That should be "Saturday" right?
              Yes, I have emailed that correction and have yet to see the change. It most definitely is SATURDAY, the 18th.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                $11 Online Fee?
                What are you talking about? I just checked and on my order it showed as $2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  What are you talking about? I just checked and on my order it showed as $2.
                  After I completed mine, I realized the fee was $11.

Comment

..I made a donation too though...is it a percentage based fee maybe, not a flat $2?

Comment

Originally posted by blu666z View Post
                      ..I made a donation too though...is it a percentage based fee maybe, not a flat $2?
                      That is exactly what happened. The online fees ARE a percentage of the whole sale amount.

So for everyone thinking about registering, the online fees for a single registration are about $2.00.

With that said, blue666z, thank you VERY MUCH for your donation to the basket fund.

Jeff
                      Last edited by Bullseye; February 2nd, 2012, 08:04 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          nice positive and uplifting post Sam!

jerk!

Comment

Sorry... HumplickSaysWhat?
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

35 slots left... whew 40 gone that fast

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X