X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RESULTS ARE UP!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

What was the par 4? 13?
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        What was the par 4? 13?
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Nice shooting Dan Brown Jr!
          Looks like Advanced will be getting a new member soon.
          I'm glad I'm old enough where he only gets to beat me one day a week during LL!
          Go DBJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Oh good! So it was a birdie and only a triple bogey...

Thank you for a great tournament. I enjoyed myself even down to the nap I took in the car rather than finish the last 7 holes.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Oh good! So it was a birdie and only a triple bogey...

Thank you for a great tournament. I enjoyed myself even down to the nap I took in the car rather than finish the last 7 holes.
              i made a point of bothering him as much as possible during that nap.

Comment

Truth. First person I have had to throw out of my car in a long time...
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thank you

Great Job! Well ran! Bunch of great people to play with.
                  Thank you to the sponsers.
                  Big Thank you to the TD and Staff.

Very wiped out and tired today. It took a lot of warm blankets to get rid of the chill.

Garry, it was a pleasure to get to play both rounds with you.

Thanks again, Phillip Kurtz

Comment

The Ruling

There was a lot of talk about one players miss play.
                    He was cool with however it was ruled (and that is very cool) but he wanted to understand just how the official rules would handle the miss play.

I was just sitting to the side and could not gather exactly what happen but I too am interested.

Could someone, please, detail the miss play event?
                    I believe I heard Jeff say that he was going to look into it.
                    Jeff, would you, please, pass on your findings.

I was glad to see how it was all handled.
                    All parties that I was listening to, seem to be most interested in getting it right. Level headed, no yelling and no blaming.

To the gentleman who miss played the hole.
                    Sorry about that but I felt that you handled it very well.

Comment

• Heh... you have to finish all of the holes in proper order. If you do not finish a hole and proceed to play on, it should be ruled as follows:

Count the total number of strokes for the hole that should have been finished and add two strokes. If he threw 2 (he did) and then played on, his score on the unfinished hole would be a 4p. Subsequently, every throw he took before finishing the unfinished hole would be treated as a practice throw resulting in a one stroke penalty per throw. There is then the question of adding a 2 stroke penalty to this hole, as well, but that is where I get confused about stacking penalties. If stacked and he threw a drive and 2 upshots before holing out, he would go back to the previous hole and finish it (which I think would actually give him a 5p on the unfinished hole) and would be teeing off again on the subsequent hole as his 5th shot.

I think.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilStomp View Post
                        There was a lot of talk about one players miss play.
                        He was cool with however it was ruled (and that is very cool) but he wanted to understand just how the official rules would handle the miss play.

I was just sitting to the side and could not gather exactly what happen but I too am interested.

Could someone, please, detail the miss play event?
                        I believe I heard Jeff say that he was going to look into it.
                        Jeff, would you, please, pass on your findings.

I was glad to see how it was all handled.
                        All parties that I was listening to, seem to be most interested in getting it right. Level headed, no yelling and no blaming.

To the gentleman who miss played the hole.
                        Sorry about that but I felt that you handled it very well.
                        i appriciate that. it was me. unfortunately.

but here is how it was actually played (leaving out rules)

shot one: up to hole 12 about 25-30' long
                        shot two: hits front basket and drops directly below basket
                        --- a small argument about courtesy between myself and another player on the card---
                        we collect scores, i forgot at this point who was collecting the scores, i think it might have been me. i was recorded for a '3'
                        all tee off hole 13-
                        shot three: tee off hole 13, attempted roller that hits early tree.
                        shot four: eagle upshot that his the big fir tree 100' short of the basket up the hill
                        shot six: putter upshot to the basket.
                        then, i realized i had just thrown one of my two putters... and the other was missing. i turned back to see it lying below the basket.
                        i then turned back to my group, informing them of my folly, as to not aquire anymore penalty than needed. briefly discussed what i should do as to remedy the situation. we agreed that i did not play out the hole, and needed to do so. and i would be assessed a practice stroke penalty for every shot that i took before finishing out the hole previous.
                        then i re-teed
                        shot seven: roller that actually worked this time!
                        shot eight: putter upshot under the basket
                        shot nine: in the bucket.

so recap.

1,2 shots on hole 12
                        1,2,3 shots on hole 13 before realizing i didnt hole out, (i did not hole out hole 13 the first time through lol)
                        1 shot go back and finish off hole 12
                        then 1, 2, 3 shots to finish out hole 13.

So you tell me, whats to do with the score?

i have my honest opinion. , but id like to hear what some more qualified and seasoned players would rule this as. and any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated as to avoid this whole situation in the future. but as brody miller pointed out to me "guess you wont do that ever again"

i want to sincerely thank Ashley Petersen and Jeff Hagerty for putting on an amazing event and for dealing with this whole situation. i know it must have caused more work but i really do appreciate your willingness to talk with me and help me better understand this crazy game we love to play.

-Xander Waibel #41673

Comment

• Bummer, I hate to see this happen. This IS a tricky ruling.
                          After reading 803.01 b and 803.13 it is still unclear to me how to score this.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/80301-general
                          http://www.pdga.com/rules/80313-holing-out

During sanctioned play, I cannot see someone running back to hole out and replay holes (not to mention, the disc would prolly be picked up already if it was under the basket), I dunno?

My best guess is that your result should be 4p on 12 (2 throws + 2 penalty throws)? Unfortunately, this particular situation is complicated because it sounds like hole 13 was abandoned in order to go back and hole out on 12?

I'm guessing it would've been better to finish 13 cleanly, then discuss hole 12 and take the 2 throw penalty for not holing out on 12?

What if the player did not realize he/she inadvertently failed to hole out until many holes later?

numActualThrows (on said hole only) + 2, done?
                          999 at TDs discretion?
                          Other?

Comment

• Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                            Bummer, I hate to see this happen. This IS a tricky ruling.
                            After reading 803.01 b and 803.13 it is still unclear to me how to score this.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/80313-holing-out

What if the player did not realize he/she inadvertently failed to hole out until many holes later?

numActualThrows (on said hole only) + 2, done?
                            999 at TDs discretion?
                            Other?
                            well you quoted the holing out rules. if you figured out that you didnt hole out. as long it was inadvertent, the hole is considered complete. So that being said, hole 12 was completed the second i tee'd off on hole 13. and then i played hole 13 horribly wrong. throwing 3 times, which would have counted, and yes i should have just holed out at that point... but i didnt because i feared being completely disqualified. I misplayed hole 13, and i completed the hole using 7 strokes, which were out of order which is why it was a misplayed hole. this is where im getting the 7 strokes and +2p for misplaying the hole. I completed hole 12 according to the rules under 803.13 A. (2). and despite how i misplayed the next hole (13), i still completed it in seven strokes, though they were not in order, which led to my penalty under rule 801.04 D. (closest thing i could find to what happened) which is a +2 stroke penalty for misplaying the hole... haa.
                            The only thing that i was concerned about at that point was completing both holes, so a 999's was avoided. i dont see, in any of these circumstances, and reason for a complete disqualification for what i did.

Comment

• It sounds to me like hole 12 could be scored as

Drive
                              missed putt
                              "Practice throw (hole 13) - warning"
                              "practice throw (hole 13) - stroke"
                              "practice throw (hole 13) - stroke"
                              Hole out - hole 12

Total - 5 strokes

Hole 13

Drive
                              Upshot
                              Putt

Total - 3 Strokes

How does that sound?
                              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

• Wow...Let's go back to the line where there was mention of a courtesy violation discussion about throwing out of turn...was that a result of you taking your putt before another player, whose disc was out? If so, all that other politically written rule stuff could have been avoided if only you were more courteous to the members of your group. Cutting in front of another throw is as much a rhythm breaker as cutting in front of folks approaching Tee 7 at Pier.

Manners...obviously...they 'count'
                                educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X