X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slosh #2 at Hornings Dec 17

Registration is live for the Stumptown Slosh #2 at Hornings Hideout, Saturday December 17, 2011.

http://bit.ly/11Slosh2

We have 10 spots taken so far! Lets get those registrations in!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Do all divisions play canyon both rounds or do Pro divisions have one round on Meadow Ridge?

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
        Do all divisions play canyon both rounds or do Pro divisions have one round on Meadow Ridge?
        We have discussed this option, but with the decreased daylight we need to see how quickly people get through round one first.

With that said... yes, there is a possibility that MPO & MPM will play the 2nd round on Meadow Ridge.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

here we go!!!

yo, yo my homies!

so... dad and i are super-psyched to be tournament directors for the upcoming Slosh #2 at Horning's Hideout. two years ago this was the first PDGA event we ever played, the weather was absolutely amazing (i'm totally lying), we both took first in our divisions and from that time on we've had a great time being involved with Stumptown and playing other tourneys.

we thought it was about time we posted some details for y'all & of course we'll be keeping you updated as we get things totally dialed in.

we figure we need to get a bit of an earlier start than the November's Slosh because of less daylight. try to show up early and we can get check-in done in a 1/2 hour. here's a tentative schedule:

Check In: 7:30-8am
          Players Meeting: 8:15
          Tee Off: 8:45
          Lunch: 11:45-12:45pm
          Players Meeting: 12:45
          Tee Off: 1:00
          Awards: 45 minutes after last card comes in

now, we're not gonna have cozy hoodies for everybody at this thing, but we are going to do our best to add some special touches. one thing we've got is hot drinks for everyone in the morning courtesy of my sponsor, BJ's Coffee in Forest Grove (hot chocolate, coffee... ummm, would there be any interest in decaf? speak up or i'll probably skip it). Next Adventure will be on board again, of course, to bump the scrip and Steve Ellis at Rainy Day Games is going to help sponsor the event by contributing to the players pack. Also, our great friend and sponsor, Mr Tofurky (Seth Tibbott) is sponsoring some cool first place trophies.

so get them registrations in, people, and let's do this thang!!!

can't wait to see y'all out there!
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

If I can keep my holiday shopping budget in control I will be registering upon my return from ID this next Monday.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Have you thought about the layout you are going to use on the Canyon? All longs? All shorts? A mix? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                Have you thought about the layout you are going to use on the Canyon? All longs? All shorts? A mix? Thanks!
                good question, pink. i've thought about. don't know if dad's thought about it. what are you thinking about it?

we'll discuss amongst ourselves and get back to you... and input and thoughts from people is cool...

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  good question, pink. i've thought about. don't know if dad's thought about it. what are you thinking about it?

we'll discuss amongst ourselves and get back to you... and input and thoughts from people is cool...
                  Emma-

I don't know if I have a strong opinion on the matter. I guess I would vote for playing all the long placements. I think that would make for a better scoring spread across the divisions.

FYI: I would love to play Meadow Ridge if time allowed and if the course isn't to water logged.

Thanks for stepping up to run this thing!

JP

Comment

Emma-

I don't know if I have a strong opinion on the matter. I guess I would vote for playing all the long placements. I think that would make for a better scoring spread across the divisions.

FYI: I would love to play Meadow Ridge if time allowed and if the course isn't to water logged.

JP
                    your vote and my vote is the same for pin placements. we win.

thanks for the input.

p.s. i have a cunning scheme for getting the pros on meadow ridge... will let you know soon if it will work out...

Comment

p.p.s.

what i meant, pinkal, was "if you get your beautiful wife to sign up, i'll totally let you play meadow ridge"

Comment

Jason and Meadow Ridge..

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                        what i meant, pinkal, was "if you get your beautiful wife to sign up, i'll totally let you play meadow ridge"

So, you are going to hide cans of PBR and have like an Easter Egg hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                          So, you are going to hide cans of PBR and have like an Easter Egg hunt...
                          Sanctioned!

Heh.

Comment

Yea we know..

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                            Sanctioned!

Heh.
                            Sgt Schphinkter

Comment

Emma-

JP
                              for the record. i would rather we play canyon in the long. but i will play regardless of the layout.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X