X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emma,

I am hanging out in Dominical, Costa Rica this week and we just received about 4 inches of rain in 3 hours. Just wondering if this is the type of weather you want me to bring back or not? On a side note the temperature was 78 during the rain and I spent most of that time swimming in the pool and hanging out in the ocean surf, both of which were warmer than the air temperature.

I am not looking forward to returning to the cold weather. Its awful nice to sleep in board shorts and then walk out of the house wearing the same shorts heading for the beach. The fresh fish and fruit are also very enticing and now Natalie is asking if we can come down for a couple of months and take a Spanish immersion class. Sucks there is no disc golf here but I am sure I could make do.

See you guys on Dec 17!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
      hey andy,

before i make the list up to be printed, could you clarify a couple things for me? on meadow ridge... 13 and 14, mando right and left of what exactly? just the other fairways? trees? and do you know if all the mandos are marked out there? thanks.

emma

see the group of three trees and the single tree right behind it before you go up hill. right of that tree

Left of the light pole there is a tree down the road to stay left of and not go down 10's fairway.

Also talked to Ricky and he said he would have a fire pit out by the sign in area. just bring some wood...

Hippy007

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Emma,

I am hanging out in Dominical, Costa Rica this week and we just received about 4 inches of rain in 3 hours. Just wondering if this is the type of weather you want me to bring back or not?
        Mike, leave the weather alone. It is supposed to be cold and sunny. Your 3 inches of rain will surely not mix well with our current weather situation.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post

see the group of three trees and the single tree right behind it before you go up hill. right of that tree

Left of the light pole there is a tree down the road to stay left of and not go down 10's fairway.

Also talked to Ricky and he said he would have a fire pit out by the sign in area. just bring some wood...

Hippy007
          thank you, andy. i am hoping that the "for safety" will clue everyone in, seems pretty common sensical to stay out of other fairways... i appreciate your help and also for talking to ricky about the firepit. you're a peach.

emma
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Emma,

I am hanging out in Dominical, Costa Rica this week and we just received about 4 inches of rain in 3 hours. Just wondering if this is the type of weather you want me to bring back or not? On a side note the temperature was 78 during the rain and I spent most of that time swimming in the pool and hanging out in the ocean surf, both of which were warmer than the air temperature.

I am not looking forward to returning to the cold weather. Its awful nice to sleep in board shorts and then walk out of the house wearing the same shorts heading for the beach. The fresh fish and fruit are also very enticing and now Natalie is asking if we can come down for a couple of months and take a Spanish immersion class. Sucks there is no disc golf here but I am sure I could make do.

See you guys on Dec 17!
            i will take the 78 degrees but leave the monsoon, okay?

also, just for bragging about the sleeping in board shorts and then walking straight out to a warm ocean... you are now required to play your rounds in said board shorts...

Comment

meadow mandos

on hole 10 if you hit an early tree and kick left out into the field, suddenly playing up the field looks alot more attractive than playing back into the trees, which makes you cross 3 other holes... any mandos for safety here?

Comment

Originally posted by 907miller View Post
                on hole 10 if you hit an early tree and kick left out into the field, suddenly playing up the field looks alot more attractive than playing back into the trees, which makes you cross 3 other holes... any mandos for safety here?
                The only divisions that will play Meadow Ridge are MPO and MPM.

Advanced will not be playing Meadow Ridge so you're safe.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

still would like to know...

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  The only divisions that will play Meadow Ridge are MPO and MPM.

Advanced will not be playing Meadow Ridge so you're safe.

Comment

Nice little write up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10633067

Comment

• cool

thanks for posting that, dan.

emma

Comment

• I am not playing this one, but I think a lit of drama could be averted by clearly marking the mandos with signs/ribbons and by stating the OBs and mandos on the score cards and tee signs.
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          I am not playing this one, but I think a lit of drama could be averted by clearly marking the mandos with signs/ribbons and by stating the OBs and mandos on the score cards and tee signs.
                          i'm not entirely sure what "a lit of drama" entails ... however mandos and OB's will be addressed in a very clear, concise and easy to understand manner before play ensues, they are marked on the signs out at horning's which is how we'll be playing them... and, we might even have a list printed up... shocking!!!

and seriously, people, i almost posted something about not tolerating drama at this event, i was hoping i wouldn't have to... am still hoping... don't make me do it... i've had a heck of a day today, okay???

thank you.

Comment

• Any open positions

Is the event completely full ? If so would I have much luck showing up early tomorrow morning.... sorry I just moved to Oregon and found out about the event yesterday. -Cody Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by ChainFreaks View Post
                              Is the event completely full ? If so would I have much luck showing up early tomorrow morning.... sorry I just moved to Oregon and found out about the event yesterday. -Cody Fuller
                              Cody,

Welcome to Oregon. You are going to LOVE Oregon disc golf. Great courses and a strong community full of very cool people.

With that said.... I am sorry, but this event is completely full. You are more than welcome to come out in the hopes that we have a no-show, but we can't promise you anything.

Jeff
                              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                                I am not playing this one, but I think a lit of drama could be averted by clearly marking the mandos with signs/ribbons and by stating the OBs and mandos on the score cards and tee signs.
                                unless the tournament is using different mandos, they are always marked on the mando location and tee pad signs.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X