Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there IS this creek, and a pond, and that fence, a few mandos... Better get yourself a map. I would try: www.ordiscgolf.com , www.dgcoursereview.com, www.horningshideout.com, or www.google.com !
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
      I plan on going to practice the courses this weekend. Any particular OB's?
      Canyon

1. fence and over OB

2. mando left of large tree directly off tee

3. creek deemed casual water (i deem it casual... don't f'ing argue with me!!!)

18. mando left of marked (?) tree (it will be marked for the tournament if not already marked) or we may be modifying the tee pad placement and thus taking the mando out of the equation.

swamp is casual (again, don't f'ing argue with me... i'm in charge here)

Meadow Ridge

**disclaimer**
      i am not as familiar with this course, might not remember them all... but i don't think there's actually that many, so here goes:

1. mando left of marked tree

6. fence along backside of upper fairway OB (totally marked)

8. clear cut on left OB & airway over clearcut.

10. marked OB along the right hand side of the second half of the fairway (it's a loooooong hole so that's what i mean by "second half")

12. i think there's a mando on this hole just off the tee

16. mando to right of marked tree waaaaaaay at the end of the fairway

18. left hand side over road and in the gulley OB (totally marked)

**all the mandos and OBs on Meadow Ridge are really well marked on the signs and that is how we will have you play them.

have fun, nathan!
      Last edited by emmarose; December 12th, 2011, 07:51 PM. Reason: if none of y'all caught it i'm not telling.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

don't forget your lunch!!!

i wanted to give people a heads up who maybe weren't familiar with horning's that it's not exactly somewhere that you can just run out real quick like and grab something to eat... we will do our best to give you a nice, leisurely lunch break, but we will be racing the darkness since it's darn close to the shortest day of the year... so... bring a lunch is what i'm sayin' here.

we will have coffee and hot chocolate, compliments of BJ's Coffee Co., located in Forest Grove, in the morning for you, but we're not providing a lunch. you kids are on your own for that... plan accordingly.

also, i'd like to encourage folks to bring a reusable travel mug for the hot drinks in the morning... if you forget, we'll totally have your back, but let's be as green as possible and also avoid forgetting little paper cups all over bob's beautiful courses (not that i'm saying you would, just sayin' it could happen, like totally on accident)
        Last edited by emmarose; December 9th, 2011, 05:24 PM. Reason: stuff and things and semantics and such

Comment

Waitlist

Can I also get on the waitlist. How long is it getting to be?
          Thanks, Jason Lewis
          (503)754-4339

Comment

Originally posted by *freeskier View Post
            Can I also get on the waitlist. How long is it getting to be?
            Thanks, Jason Lewis
            (503)754-4339
            so far, counting you, there are four people on the waitlist.

Comment

dear sloshies... love, your mom

couple things here that are pretty dang important to your overall health, safety, well being and general comfort:

***please be prepared for chilly and wet weather. bring handwarmers, extra clothes (i recommend two extra sets of clothes... one for your second round and one for the ride home) and plenty of towels. the first slosh i played in out at horning's i went through 3 pairs of shoes and pants and coats... and i remember that there were people who did not bring a change of clothes and they were miserable enough to DNF, you don't want to be those people. another thing to remember is the proper type of clothing... don't wear cotton sweatshirts, blue jeans or cotton socks if it is wet out... they will do nothing to keep you warm. fleece, fleece and more fleece!!!***

***drive slowly and carefully. this is no joke people. those curves do not get sunshine on that road and they stay frozen. even when the highways are totally dry and clear these rural roads will stay icy in the shady spots. and don't let the de-icer get you complacent either... sometimes they de-ice and then it just refreezes immediately. there is no need to wreck your car or yourself... leave 10 minutes early and just take it easy, please and thank you.***

now then, slosh on with your bad selves.
              Last edited by emmarose; December 12th, 2011, 02:05 PM. Reason: none of your business

Comment

Pre thanks.

Just like to thank Emmarose(and helpers) for taking on the challenge of being a T.D.. Hope you run many future events. Being a T.D. I know the time and stress it can create. I can tell by your posts(not just in this thread) that you take this and the game to heart. Thanks for being a T.D.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  Canyon

1. fence and over OB

2. mando left of large tree directly off tee

3. creek deemed casual water (i deem it casual... don't f'ing argue with me!!!)

4. creek deemed casual water (i deem it casual... don't f'ing argue with me!!!)

5. creek deemed casual water (i deem it casual... don't f'ing argue with me!!!)

13. Mando right around the tree line.

18. mando left of marked (?) tree (it will be marked for the tournament if not already marked) or we may be modifying the tee pad placement and thus taking the mando out of the equation.

swamp is casual (again, don't f'ing argue with me... i'm in charge here)

Meadow Ridge

**disclaimer**
                  i am not as familiar with this course, might not remember them all... but i don't think there's actually that many, so here goes:

1. mando left of marked tree

6. fence along backside of upper fairway OB (totally marked)

8. clear cut on left OB & airway over clearcut.

10. marked OB along the right hand side of the second half of the fairway (it's a loooooong hole so that's what i mean by "second half")

12. i think there's a mando on this hole just off the tee

13. Mando right for safty

14. Mando Left for safty

16. mando to right of marked tree waaaaaaay at the end of the fairway

18. left hand side over road and in the gulley OB (totally marked)

**all the mandos and OBs on Meadow Ridge are really well marked on the signs and that is how we will have you play them.
                  Added the few things you missed... the bold things added...

Hippy007

Comment

Canyon

since you didn't say i couldn't argue this one, i will. i don't care if the pin placements are changed, but when you change the tee pad, it just makes it a different course. I would not, for example, consider someone shooting a course record on any course legitimate if it was done with even just one modified tee pad.

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                      since you didn't say i couldn't argue this one, i will. i don't care if the pin placements are changed, but when you change the tee pad, it just makes it a different course. I would not, for example, consider someone shooting a course record on any course legitimate if it was done with even just one modified tee pad.
                      i totally see your point, xander, and i am actually not totally sold on the idea of changing the tee pad... that being said, i will explain the reasoning behind it... the fairways of 13 and 18 run pretty darn close to eachother and create a situation that can be a touch dangerous... i think one way to deal with this is to require that groups send a spotter on 18 when playing down the hill to avoid clocking the group on the 13 in the head or the face... this can happen... in fact it happened to me last year, which is kind of funny considering that the group had indeed sent a spotter, he just wasn't really paying attention, i guess... and then the dude ended up being a jerk about the whole thing, which is neither here nor there...

... i agree the course record wouldn't count... but i don't want anyone to break their face. i'm happy to hear and take into consideration other people's opinions...

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post

Hippy007
                        thank you, andy.

Comment

i totally see your point, xander, and i am actually not totally sold on the idea of changing the tee pad... that being said, i will explain the reasoning behind it... the fairways of 13 and 18 run pretty darn close to eachother and create a situation that can be a touch dangerous... i think one way to deal with this is to require that groups send a spotter on 18 when playing down the hill to avoid clocking the group on the 13 in the head or the face... this can happen... in fact it happened to me last year, which is kind of funny considering that the group had indeed sent a spotter, he just wasn't really paying attention, i guess... and then the dude ended up being a jerk about the whole thing, which is neither here nor there...
                          Emma, I completely agree with the safety issues you raise. I have seen many a drive sail right of the mando tree and cut down 13's fairway. I say, not that it matters, make a change if you feel it is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                            Emma, I completely agree with the safety issues you raise. I have seen many a drive sail right of the mando tree and cut down 13's fairway. I say, not that it matters, make a change if you feel it is warranted.
                            ... it wasn't my idea originally and like i said, i'm not totally sold on it... but... i'm just thinking about everyone's beautiful faces... thanks for the input, j-pink.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post

Hippy007
                              hey andy,

before i make the list up to be printed, could you clarify a couple things for me? on meadow ridge... 13 and 14, mando right and left of what exactly? just the other fairways? trees? and do you know if all the mandos are marked out there? thanks.

emma

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                                Just like to thank Emmarose(and helpers) for taking on the challenge of being a T.D.. Hope you run many future events. Being a T.D. I know the time and stress it can create. I can tell by your posts(not just in this thread) that you take this and the game to heart. Thanks for being a T.D.
                                thank you so much, joe. so far i have not experienced a ton of stress... probably because, so far, the bulk of my responsiblity has been to post stuff on the forum. my dear ol' dad has put in a ton of time getting things organized and making sure we are thinking of all the little details and hopefully not forgetting anything... and of course we would be nowhere without stumptown and the wisdom and guidance of jeff hagerty... so there you have it... i am clearly just the pretty face of this operation, however i totally accept your pre thanks and very much appreciate it... on behalf of those who are really doing all the work...
                                Last edited by emmarose; December 13th, 2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: english is confusing

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X