Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    *like*

(hey, sam, when are we gonna get a like button on this site, anyway? i mean, c'mon, fb's got one... don't you wanna be cool like fb?)
    Ya Sam get with it where is the like button!
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    75 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
      Ya Sam get with it where is the like button!
      uggg... sam, promise that if you make the "like" button, you will make a "dislike" button too. Because there are not enough , , and to let people know that i dont like what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
        uggg... sam, promise that if you make the "like" button, you will make a "dislike" button too. Because there are not enough , , and to let people know that i dont like what they say.
        uh... maybe you could, as we say in head start, just try using your words...

... sorry, couldn't help it...
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Sam, I really want you to add the application that will tell me whether I like it or not...I'm done making decisions, I want technology to do it for me...in the year 2525....
          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
            Sam, I really want you to add the application that will tell me whether I like it or not...I'm done making decisions, I want technology to do it for me...in the year 2525....
            If man is still alive, If woman can survive...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Half way there...

Alright everyone,

The first Slosh event of the year is about 1/2 full at this point. If you want to get yourselves one of the awesome hoodies the city of North Bonneville is putting up please make sure you get yourselves signed up ASAP. Remember, this is the only Slosh event that will be getting these sweatshirts, so if you want one... this is your only chance.

We plan on having enough hoodies on hand to cover all of the players, but the only way we can guaranty your size is if you get yourself signed up by Thursday! Otherwise, you'll get your choice of whatever is left over... whether it fits or not.

Jeff

PS: Many thanks to the City of North Bonneville for stepping up and buying these for us crazy disc-golfers.
              Last edited by Bullseye; October 18th, 2011, 08:41 AM. Reason: Thursday DEADLINE
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Just signed up to make sure we raise that money for the Lunch time course baskets, I can't wait to see Dan & Sam drop those into the course.

Looking forward to playing North Bonneville again. I hope its windy this time though, last time it was about as windy as a mouse fart.

I hope to see everyone out for some SLOSH fun!
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Is there a current map available for the course that could be loaded up to this site or Disc Golf Course Review?
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    Is there a current map available for the course that could be loaded up to this site or Disc Golf Course Review?
                    Attached.

For interactivity, use this. (Free registration required)
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Stumptown Slosh #1 is over half full.

Justin Gross is busting his butt to make sure this one turns out great, so come on out and support the very first sanctioned tourney at North Bonneville!!!

Get yer Slosh on!
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Installed inner chains on the Mach 5 baskets at the course. Very sticky and sweet!!

Comment

Wow, right before Team Disc Golf and The Slosh? Justin, you sir, and CGDG, are awesome!
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
                            Installed inner chains on the Mach 5 baskets at the course. Very sticky and sweet!!
                            Ohh Justin you are da man!!

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
                              Jeff, Kel, Chris and I went out and played today and I had a couple of comments about the course.

1. The flow is better but I still think the walk from 6-7 is huge and not obvious without a map or signs. I would personally make hole 2---> hole 1, and then hole 1 would be hole 6. The initial walk to the starting hole which would be the current hole 2 is the largest walk but then the flow from 6 to tee one makes more sense then 6 to 7. Trails are being created from the current basket to the next tee but in some cases it was difficult to figure out were to go and we had to refer to the map on our phone. After the first round it was more obvious.

2. We had a lot of nasty spit outs on the baskets today. Several times the chains would part and putters would hit the pole and then come back out. When we looked at the chain configuration it appears to either be set up to allow the pole to be exposed on certain angles or the added chains were not installed with the idea of closing off gaps to the pole. I can see this being a really big issue when the wind is really blowing and you have to putt hard to get the putter solid into the chains. Have a look at the added chains when you are out there and see if it makes sense to you.

It was a beautiful day out there today and again not very much wind. I think the temp hit in the 60's out there as we were all over dressed and warm throughout the two rounds that we played.
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

We are in the process of making signs and a large course map as well as maps to be placed in a kiosk. There are only two of us doing all the work at the course and we both work full time jobs. My goal is to have all the bugs worked out by early spring. I appreciate and encourage all comments as it makes my job easier and shows me ideas I might not otherwise see. I personally have not had a single spit out, but then again I am a hyzer putter. I know what you are talking about with the chains and was waiting until the comments from TDG started rolling in. Very minimal problem with a very easy fix. As far as the walk between hole 6 and 7, I hear what you are saying. I think or some of the walks at pier and hornings and feel it to be quite minimal. I wanted hole 1 to be obvious and right at the parking lot. We had thought of making hole 2 into hole 1 early on but wanted to keep hole 1 and hole 18 right by each other and near the parking area. There are a couple of congestion spots as im sure you noticed. Again, I tried to ease those as much as I could but could only do so much. Lucky for us Bonneville is a low congestion park and 99% of the time it works just fine. Thank you for your comments. I do really appreciate them. Justin Gross

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X